Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Tom_Sarc_Author's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018 2:08 AM

Closed

Apple watch

What is monthly cost for service to an apple watch series 3 that i recently purchased?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I found the error! I'd rather not share it here. It seems an error on their part has been leaving me on the profitable side of things for many months now.  So, $62.96 increased to $108.13  makes sense. By the way, my numbers include some discounts and special offers which explains why my costs threw you off in the original post. Either way, you asking me the right questions helped guide me to understanding what happened. Thank you!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@MellieMelMel wrote:

I found the error! I'd rather not share it here. It seems an error on their part has been leaving me on the profitable side of things for many months now.  So, $62.96 increased to $108.13  makes sense. By the way, my numbers include some discounts and special offers which explains why my costs threw you off in the original post. Either way, you asking me the right questions helped guide me to understanding what happened. Thank you!!!!

YEAH! Glad YOU figured it out.   The answer usually is in the bill.

It's a bummer you lost whatever accounting issue was helping you. If it's something you'd like to discuss privately, send a private message.

I'm also wondering if a different plan might be better for you now that your price is higher. How many lines do you have on that plan?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

@MellieMelMel

My favorite questions are self answering.  👏🏻

I know it gets old when we suggest comparing bills, but you just proved it’s useful.  Good for you!

you can compare plans in the My ATT app with plan comparison tool. 

https://www.att.com/plans/wireless/mobile-share-flex.html

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

I see (Edited per community guidelines)ing and comedy are a resemblance on other people's forum questions about an apple smart watch point. 

Since mine several others have asked a forum about that specific question. 

Are you wanting attention of some sort on this particular thread for a self-esteem boost.  

I understand it covers more than the proprietary apple brand iPhone issue of an Apple smart watch activating new lines/additional lines for AT&T wireless phone service plans automatically. 

Are you upset about that? 

I'm not here to discuss feelings about facts of a contract as I don't know you. 

Seinfeld is a decent comedy why do you have to ruin the only one who pulled of a watchable comedy.  This isn't a place to compare a joke writing ability. 

You might use your time wiser on here as it appears this forum jands out badges like a participation trophy for posting/activity and HAS NOTHING to do with the content or solution being addessed. 

Matter fact. Leave the other posters alone. Set up shop right here on this thread. I'll be happy to handle any further frivolous comments you have vs. (Edited per community guidelines)ing on them about another badge your wanting. I don't want any. I participate on forums for a purpose of a niche seeking answers and pro tips to find out legitimate questions that are specific to a brand's product/service provider. Usually IT managers and others are found on such platforms. There are rarely (Edited per community guidelines)s on serious tech platforms like you but its a cell phone and basically they give away to all now. Clearly. 

Please make yourself comfortable here. On behalf of AT&T I'll be happy to entertain your diarrhea of the mouth (keyboard) until the pros start commenting. 

And please, leave Seinfeld outta my thread. Thats a great old comedy show from the 90s. Jerry has nothibg to do with your personal problems on a thread you need an ego stroke you will not be getting. 

Get as many badges as you think might be handed on here. Eventually a moderator with common sense will make you feel inclined to (Edited per community guidelines) on another topic as the subject matter(s) won't make a difference on any thread you (Edited per community guidelines) besides this one. I just can't fix your personal problems nor control your feelings about a 1990 comedy show or your die hard Vader fanship to a movie reference mentioned earlier. You'll have to move on to other people once this one is done. 

You should be getting an AT&T email notification of a new level up badge. If not, let me know.

(edited)

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

If a Bill typically explains this matter whether paperless or however the Bill is received by a monthly service plan...if a prepaid wireless plan is activated vs an apple watch activation how is that billed? Itemized in what way? 

A prepaid usage plan without having a device cost rolled into a service fee isn't itemized on any device. 

For example, paying 300 bucks for 12 months of service prepaid and using a paid for device without an insurance plan opt in to cover it's replacement leaves "invisible wavelengths" from coverage towers on a local map based on a zip code up to the imagination as to what "slowing down a personal/business multiple line account user(s) may experience. Hotspot 10.00 add on or not based on a 65.00 vs 75.00 monthly payment (pre-paid...not automatically paid with that specific discount applied each month...?) 

A smart watch uses a battery. Like a paid for device and wouldn't be able to accrue anything resembling an phone line added & the costs/discounts that entails potentially. It certainly doesn't port in a phone number or need one. 

It's an odd predicament. An iPhone control of this branded smart watch shouldn't be the focus on Apple as a brand. It's a good point for any similar smart watch branded device regardless of it's brand. 

This is quite frankly a problem. 

How does one address the problem I guess in an apple situation first so that all others can figure it out. Apple shouldn't be the designated party regarding this service overbilling matter.  

Prepaid accounts: Do they not receive a Bill? 

Itemized statement? Anything but a receipt you're saying? That can't be true if paying 300 for 12 months is an option for the 1 year up front payment of a prepaid only wireless plan service with a 10.00 add on hotspot capability option if required and not accessible.

I'm a little slow. 

I'm just reading verbatim the options. If that's a content issue for readers I apologize and highly recommend going to read your plan details as all are online as well to purchase 24/7 365. 

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

And please address roaming international fees specifically related to just the smart watch added line for the purpose of fees and potential charges it would be exempt from or not and on what stipulations differ than a purchased device of say a tablet with a hotspot add on of 10.00 for example that can be used to text unlimited content or make wifi free online text messages vs. Hotspot data on a (prepaid) plan. 

Satellite GPS can tag me in the middle of the Parthenon on social media platforms using wifi connection. Turning satallite GPS location off on my tablet for example shouldn't have to be a problem roaming...If luckily on prepaid I guess to prevent an extremely costly error of service Billed using it on a 10.00 a month add on ideally vs the freedom of what all devices should be able to have as a hotspot turn on option activated like all public schools are offering so kids don't have to sit at McDonald's or Walmart in the parking lot virtually trying to do their school work in the event they have no access at their homes.

Thank you. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.