For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Tom_Sarc_Author's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018 2:08 AM

Closed

Apple watch

What is monthly cost for service to an apple watch series 3 that i recently purchased?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

$10 plus tax on a shared plan.

Plus a one time activation fee. $25

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I just went in to the local AT&T store yesterday to activate my Apple 3 watch.  Was told that another number must be added to my account and that it would be $9.99/month.  BUT, they had to run a credit check (been a customer for 20+ years) and that it would cost $150.00.  I said no way, that I would contact AT&T directly.  AT&T told me that a credit check must be run and then if it was OK, I had to pay $150 deposit and the cost was $9.99/month, and that I would get the $150 back at the end of one year.  Makes no sense to me (except that they make interest on EVERYONE's $150 deposit for a full year) and I am a very unhappy customer!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@RobertaG  The 150 deposit is requested because your credit check was only so-so.   ATT has the most ridiculous and narrow credit requirements in the industry.  

I would suggest you make sure this was a company store and ask them to check your credit again because it’s a silly deposit on a device you own.  

You bring up an interesting point though.  Landlords have to refund deposits plus interest.  It seems to me so should ATT.  That’s one for the FTC or FCC.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I was told the same thing ...add Apple Watch for only $10/month.  I was so excited that I went out and bought the watch. I expected to see my bill of $62.85 become $72.85. Somehow my bill is now $108.13. Customer service confirmed this would be my new monthly bill. However, they talked themselves in circles for nearly an hour trying to justify why. Finally,  she asked if she could call me back because the system went down. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@MellieMelMel

What plan are you on that was only $62  a month?  Have you read the bill?   

Sorry, but it drives me a little nuts when someone quotes the bill total without The details.  

You are charged a line fee and taxes which are similar to your phones tax.  A one time activation fee up to $45.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I have the Mobile Share Value 2 GB with rollover for $25/month. I have printed my regular bill and placed it beside the new bill. The $10 addition for the watch is there along with the surcharges and fees totaling $13.50 total for the addition. The activation fee must have been in last months bill, the first with the watch included, which totaled $230.41. The only other change to my bill besides the $13.50 is an increase in my cell phone monthly charges ($33.99 increased to $65.66). I have not added or modified my plan. I only added the $10/month charge for the watch.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@MellieMelMel wrote:

I was told the same thing ...add Apple Watch for only $10/month.  I was so excited that I went out and bought the watch. I expected to see my bill of $62.85 become $72.85. Somehow my bill is now $108.13. Customer service confirmed this would be my new monthly bill. However, they talked themselves in circles for nearly an hour trying to justify why. Finally,  she asked if she could call me back because the system went down. 

So $10 plus taxes/fee making it $15-ish.

One time : There will be another prorated month on there (another up to $15-ish). Plus the $25 activation fee.  

Making it $45-$60 more than your current plan for the first month.  Which is easily $108.

I'm not sure why you're calling AT&T to confirm this when YOU can look at your bill yourself.

There is no way this is your new current bill UNLESS your plan changed. 

YOU can verify this by looking at your bill from this month and one from a few months ago. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

The mobile share value plan 2 gigs  plan is $30, and $25 line fee.  

Plus $13.50.     Does not add up to $108.   There is about $40 not accounted for.   What is on the itemized bill?  

You can post it if you block your personal information.  

What was on the $230 bill?  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

This is great! Thank you for taking the time to help me figure this out. It also helps that your tone is kind and not condescending with all caps as if yelling. I'm going to attempt to post the bill after hiding personal info. Thanks again!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@MellieMelMel  

Glad to help.     We are not employees, so if ATT screwed up we will suggest you contact them directly.  But it’s a good idea to know what they did wrong.  

Thank you fo reading the bill in a timely manner.  Cell carriers limit the amount of time you have to get credits on errors. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.