Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Mikednwy's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, March 22nd, 2018 1:11 AM

Closed

Recovering old cell phone records.

I called at&t wireless today to ask about recovering old phone records. The lady said if it was farther back that what is on the login usage page it has to be court ordered. But I saw something a while back that said I could get up to 5 years. If anyone can help I'm in a lot of need.  Thank you

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

On the third call, a very helpful representative named Darius in billing was sufficiently skilled to connect me to the old bills. So, happy ending there thanks to Darius, though it is surprising that other reps (supposedly also in billing) couldn't figure out how to do that.

Thanks!

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

@OldBill2020  do you mind sharing more details?  Need to get phone records for a specific month in 2020.  What questions did you ask? What department did you ask to be transferred to?  Was there a special tool?  Could really use your help and expertise here.  Thanks! 

3 Messages

3 months ago

I am in need of AT&T Cell Phone detailed billing records.....i.e. phone calls out, phone calls in, texts out, texts in. I need these from January 2007 to August 2007. I know it will cost $5 per month and that's fine but I desperately need them asap.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

3 months ago

Unfortunately, records from almost 2 decades ago almost certainly do not exist and even if they did, they would not be available. 

3 Messages

3 months ago

Thank you for For your input MicCheck. However With my research (which I do one everything) I have found one can obtain those detailed billing record from AT&T with a notarized letter which is what I am working on, now. A notarized letter or document by a Notary Public does make it as legal as if a lawyer contacts them and gets my detailed billing for me from 1 March 2007 to 1 January 2008. From what I understand these records do not just vanish, therefore meaning the have them and they are MINE and I am entitled to them and all pertinent detailed billing records. Anything done on a cell phone never really goes away. It will always be there.

3 Messages

3 months ago

Oh and it hasn't been quite 2 decades. Lacks 3 to 4 more years to get there.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

3 months ago

Then it sounds like you need to get the notarized document and work with AT&T's Legal Department. That's all that can be done here on a public forum is offer suggestions and advice as we are customers like yourself.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.