For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
mhearn8's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 3rd, 2007 2:30 PM

Closed

Receiving incomming calls to myself

I have been noticing that I am receiving incomming calls to myself. It isn't voicemail because a voicemail shows up as a voicemail message. This is a incomming call to my own number for more than just a minute. Is there anyway for that to happen? Is there a  feature or a way for another caller to change there number to mine or something? Thanks

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

16 years ago

To you and all who read this... This issue is totally unacceptable! I have over 1k of overage from the last 4 mo and the majority of this overage is due to business calls on my own time. My employer agreed to reimburse me for these overages as long as I am able to submit an expense report. Well, because "we don't have a contractual agreement with the other wireless providers that will enable us to see the nembers that are incoming to your phone" - in the words of tier 2 support rep Jessie... even though the numbers show up on my phone when my clients call me, I am unable to submit an expense report... I am outraged and out of pocket over a thousand dollars!!! I am trying to keep my cool, but when I was told "that there is nothing that we can do about it; this is just the way it is" by an ATT/Cingular rep (Jessie) it is really hard! If there isn't any way that I can submitt an enhancement request or at least be verbally placated with someone with a bit of tact I will be dropping my lines and very vociferously advocating another provider and denouncing ATT... You would think that a company as big and wealthy as ATT they could perform this simple and absolutely necessary service of telling us who is calling our phone, especially considering that we are paying for it.

One Ticker Off Customer
12-8-2007

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

16 years ago

Hey "Ticked Off", Firstly, I'm curious to know what exactly does these calls show up on your bill, and why are you using your personal phone for buisness calls?   

Secondly, if the client telephone numbers do show up on your telephone display when they come-in, they should appear on your bill accordingly.  Thirdly, and you should have this verified, this information is public information, and should be available to you the recipient of calls coming from these numbers.  Listen, these first-line operators have no clue what's going on at the companies where they work (they're told very little about the many problems customers have and therefore [they] can not help you, or think that they're helping when they give you some  { word filter evasion } response that doesn't even make sense to them, but they expect it to make sense to you, and most customers will simply accept it. 

You need to speak with a customer service manager or the headquarter's office at ATT/Cingular (you can find headquarter information by connecting to www.BBB.com) about why these numbers are not showing up, and why they were removed (because according to you they were apart of your billing information if they appeared on your phone upon coming in), etc.  If this fails, contact your local Consumer Affairs Office, your congress man/woman if you have to.

There are no other mobile service provider that is better than another.  They all are a rip-off because they can get away with it and most customers either don't notice problems with their bills, don't care, and/or have no time to pursue the issue.  Our only alternative "Ticked Off" to release the stresses of moment-to-moment mobile accessibility, and $1,000+ monthly phone bills, is to get rid of our mobiles, return to the basic home and office phones, and be done with it.  If you're really tired of these monthly problems, I mean, "Really" "Really" tired, you would get rid of your mobile.  See how much you save each month.

Best wishes!
~BTRU

Message Edited by Caretaker on 12-10-2007 08:47:02 AM

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

16 years ago

~BTRU

These incoming phones calls show up as my own number on my bill and statement as well as my usage details that I access through my account on Cingular's website. I did not think that using my cell phone for business would be a problem for me because I don't have much of a personal life aside from my family and I thought that I had a plan with enough minutes to cover everything... then my wife started... that is neither here nor there...
       I appreciate your suggestions as to how to get the information that I need to be able to submit my expense report. You are probably right about just getting rid of my mobile, but I travel quite a bit in my job and need to be able to get a hold of my wife and kids and visa versa...
       I have followed your recommendations to get the real contact information for the company so that I can get this issue resolved for myself and anyone else that may need to have their incoming calls' information listed in their usage details. The contact information is listed below:

NANCY {edited for privacy}
(888) 333-6651

Message Edited by tashina on 12-11-2007 10:18:55 PM

Contributor

• 

1 Message

16 years ago

One Ticked off customer,

I am having the same problem. My bill used to show Incoming calls with the numbers that called me. Than all of a sudden for the past two bills all incoming calls show up as my own number. I called customer support but they tell me there is nothing they can do. I was wondering if you have found a solution to this problem.

Thank you!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

16 years ago

I was having the same problem.  I deleted the call forwarding setup in my phone.  While I don't remember setting up call fowarding all of my incoming calls are correct now on my billing details.

Former Moderator

• 

1.7K Messages

16 years ago

Thank You for your comments and opinions related to this topic. Due to its date, this thread is now being closed. Should the OP need additional assistance please feel free to open up a new thread.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.