For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
jbond76's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 5:11 PM

Closed

How do I get in contact with AT&T's legal department

I have a situation that needs to be reviewed.  My name is Justin *****, and my number is                  .  My daughters phone was stolen at the beginning of December.  She lives in a different state than I do.  We reported her phone stolen and had it suspended and blacklisted on 12/7/16 with AT&T.  Sales rep Catherine ***** proceeded to try an help by signing me up for the BOGO program AT&T was running at the time.  I stated that I did not want to proceed if I would incurre additional costs would still have to pay for the stolen phone.  I  was assured that I would not.  I additionally asked more than once that I was not interested in there were any additional charges for the "free" phone.  I have now learned that I have to pay multiple payments before any refund is issued.  I had my case denied and now have 4 phones on my account for two people.  I was informed that there was nothing that could be done about the predatory sales tactics and no further options by Chris *****.  [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.][Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

You can’t contact the legal department, they don’t have anything to do with customer issues anyway. All customer contact is through customer support. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

The sales tactic sure was scummy.  The truth is you did have to pay off your daughters phone in order to upgrade with installments.  The alternate is to buy a replacement outright.  

Your best option now is to cancel the lines you don’t need, knowing you will be billed for the full cost of the phones on those lines.

Big phone promotions are not to save customers money.   They are to add new business and make a profit.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I need to contact AT&T legal department. After much research and conversations with AT&T customer service, I agree to not get my son a prepaid phone after AT&T told me it was cheaper to take them up on a promotion for a Samsung phone for $1/month and that it would be just $20 to add a line. I asked a ton of questions to be sure this was all it would cost me. I then agreed and followed up with a supervisor when some of my order was incorrect. I was again assured that my cost would be just $20 to add a line and everything else was the same, including my access being unlimited. AT&T sent me a terms and conditions e-mail which had what additional charges would be included, which was $0 and what the promotional charge for the phone was. I could not get the phone until I clicked on the link and accepted the terms and conditions. I asked the supervisor to send me an e-mail clarifying some of those since I did not see the $20/month for the new phone line and it did not clearly set forth the monthly price for the phone. She did so. I get my bill and none of this is on there except the $1/month for the phone. I call AT&T and they say well sorry what you were sent by AT&T representatives was false, we don't have plans like that and we not only will not credit your bill, but we cannot honor anything they told you. Live with it. Oh and the only way we can give you any sort of pricing that is any where even closer to what you were promised, you will not have unlimited data anymore.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@jlyons72 Once again, you can not contact ATT’s legal department, they do not handle customer issues. If customer support is not taking care of you, escalate the issue by filing an FCC or BBB complaint. The complaint will result in someone higher in the customer support chain contacting you.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

How do I reach Advanced Support, which you mentioned in a post way back as those who can fix the unfixable? You said to private message Advanced Support on ATT Cares but when I clicked that link it says you can no longer send a private message on that platform....you seem to have a lot of insight so I'm hoping Advanced Support can help me.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

5 years ago

As @sandblaster wrote in post 5, file a BBB complaint.  Upper level support will contact you.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Ok, well I just submitted a complaint with BBB, thank you. I hope you are right and this gets AT&T higher ups to contact me and make this right. To tell me so sorry that AT&T sent you "false information" but too bad and you can go the legal route but we will win, chuckle, is downright disgusting and reprehensible. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I fully understand what you are talking about. I have been fighting with AT&T for two months with the same problem. They even told me that I would have to pay for their mistake. It is crazy how these people work and stay in business. I am hoping to do away with my phone a TV accounts as soon as I can pay as they put it for their mistakes.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

AT&T are the WORST 

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

At&t is the worst they don't care about customer loyalty just making money.  At least they could try to faker customer loyalty but nope they just (Edited per community guidelines).  I received their complimentary phone when they decided to stop supporting 3g because they wanted to provide theior customers with better experience.  What a load of crap.  The complimentary new phone is refurbished and when it didn't work I couldn't get a replacement using the warranty because when the customer service person said it had been previously owned.  She put in request I get a replaced and it was denied.  All the customer service people do is apologize but nothing gets resolved they superviso was told to tell me just buy a new phone.  I am going to file a complaint with FCC, BBB and go to the news media.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.