For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
liusyilun's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, May 11th, 2017 7:03 AM

Fraudulent business practice by ATT sale reps to gain sales

An AT&T rep recently provided me a fraudulent contract to gain sales from me. The written contract from the sale rep was later denied by AT&T, citing this contract, along with other cellular plan discounts offered  by the rep, was incorrectly provided to me. Instead of cleaning up their own mess and providing an amicable solution to compensate for the headache and the time I wasted on dealing with their deceptive sale rep, my several phone calls to more AT&T sale reps were greeted with threats for fines if I don't just forget about the signed contract and follow their "actual" rules. I had to eventually escalate this issue to the manager.

I request a formal investigation into the fraudulent business practice by ATT sale rep. I have all the written documents to proof the case. Please have someone contact me via email or phone call, or I will bring this issue to other consumer complaint channels.

Yilun

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I love how the employee response has a legal disclaimer trying to remove AT&T from any responsibility or liability.

I also love how AT&T has no problem profiting from the fraudulent claims made by sales reps. 

In my case, I was promised unlimited internet for $50 a month. I specifically told the rep I was a gamer, and that I use a ton of data, and speed was also important to me. She assured me I would get this. She put me through to a manager who told me he was a gamer, and this was a good plan. 

No mention of a data limit, and sold me the opposite of what I asked for, and no mention of it being a WiFi hotspot device, not a modem. 

After over 10 calls of trying to rectify this, with promises to get me unlimited, then told no unlimited and no extra data available,  thenttold there was more data available then unlimited again, then told it wasn't there problem, I received a whopping $4700 bill for 1 month. Amazing that they managed to find so much extra data that supposedly wasn't available to pop me at $10 a gig. 

I am returning my device, filing with the better business bureau, and the communications board, and anyone else I can find.

I will be sure to tell EVERYONE to avoid AT&T. After enough of us spread the word, 10,ooo customers you fail to get because  of sketchy business dealings may get you to reconsider your priorities, because  money has a way of motivating companies to take action. AT&T's reputation is already the worst in the business, but hopefully I can help warn others about the shell game they play so they do not fall prey to this scam. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@Liarsandcrooks

Anyone with ‘employee ‘ under his screen name is not here as an ATT rep. They may not even work in this part of ATT.  He is here on his own time and is required to both identify himself and have the disclaimer under all posts. 

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

6 years ago

Data at 128kb per second is still data being transmitted...and on an
unlimited plan that's still going to fit the definition of the term.

Every user agreement states there are zero guarantees, assurances or
promises of any specific data transmission rate. No one can verbally
promise anything in this regard. It's why every wireless carrier posts and
publishes these terms for all to view and dissect.

If a representative in a store says "This unlimited plan features hotspot"
and if that hotspot transmits any amount of data when enabled...It's
working.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.