Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
thomascgty's profile
Associated Member

Associated Member

• 

126 Messages

Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014 12:36 AM

AT&T Next: Do I need to return the phone?

Quick questions.

• If I upgrade a phone using AT&T Next, then do I need to return the old phone?
  • Assuming I upgraded using my first AT&T Next. Later on, I decided to use AT&T Next again. Will I need to return my phone purchased through my first AT&T Next to qualify for using the second AT&T Next?
  • I am currently on a "family" plan and one of the additional lines. Can I keep my current number if I decided to have my own account with myself as the account holder?

Thanks!

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

8 years ago

There is no remaining balance.   You trade in a phone so that ATT will stop billing for the remaining balance on the phone.

This is ONLY if you have reached the trade in point of your Next agreement.  For example, If you have "Next 24" you. Must complete 24 payments to trade in for another phone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Oh so can't just do a trade in. Dangit

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Ok so I upgraded to the X and I have my old phone the 7 with a balance of $300 left, someone wants to buy it for $600 can I sell it even though I was supposed to send it back and then just pay off the $300 and then that’s that, and I won’t have to worry about anything else? Also it says return by the 22nd of Dec. so let’s say I wait til the 21st to pay the $300 will the person still be able to use the phone without the payment?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Timjohn5 Yes, you can change your mind and not turn in the iPhone 7 and pay it off. However, I don’t think you want to just pay it off. Now that they are expecting it to be turned in, when not received by Dec 22, they will just bill you for the balance. If you pay the balance before that, you may get double billed. You can sell that phone anytime. The buyer will have no problem using it on ATT. You won’t be able to unlock it until it is paid off, though.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I upgraded to the X from my 7plus and wanted to keep my 7plus. I was told mutiple times that they will just bill me the balance of what I owe.  I received my bill this month and instead of charging me the remaining balance of about $300 they charged me $999!!!! ATT insists this is a penalty for not returning the 7plus and it’s in the “fine print”. I tried to pay my balance 3 different times twice over the phone and once in store all 3 times were told to wait until they bill me for the balance. Customer service has been extremely rude and one “manager” said it was my fault for not paying the balance and there is nothing they can do. I can’t even find that in the terms “fine print” that it’s a $999 fee 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Can I turn in a Samsung if it is in good condition in exchange for money off a new apple product even if i havent completely payed off the Samsung.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

why do i need to return my paid off iphone 10 its my phone i paid for it i don't get

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

why do i need to return my old phone when i already paid off my iphone 10 its mine i've paid 1000$ for this phone and why should i send it back im not trading in my old iphone 10 it just stop working and it shouldn't have i got this in 2018 and i paid 149.00 deductible thats crazy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.