For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Cbailey0118's profile

• 

4 Messages

Friday, March 3rd, 2023 2:41 AM

3 items on my account that are not mine

I’ve been speaking with ATT since Dec 2022 about items on my account that are not mine.  I have spoken with at least 10 people in customer service, 2 (supposedly) supervisors & 4 people in the fraud dept (when I can get through).  I have been overpaying for these services since May 2022 and only noticed it when I called to ask about lowering my bill.  I am beyond disappointed because, as I explain to anyone who will listen, I only should have on my account 2 iPhones, 1 Samsung Galaxy phone & an Apple Watch.  There are 2 extra Sim Cards (each $64.99) & an extra Samsung Galaxy ($54.99).  I have been charged for these since May 2022 which adds up to roughly over $2000.  I have tracking numbers (that was provided to me by a very helpful customer service rep) that shows where these phones went to.  None of that seems to matter to ATT.  They continue to confirm that these accounts are mine even after seeing no activity on them.  I am at my wits end & it makes me think that someone is trying to cover for employees getting free phones & SIM cards.  If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can get this corrected I would appreciate it.  I’m seriously considering switching to mint mobile which is way cheaper anyway. As I said, every time I’m supposedly being transferred to the fraud dept the phone disconnects.  

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I just took a hard look at my bill. I know I should have done this sooner. Anyhow, I see a charge for a phone number, LG Tablet(which I do not own) and this sim SIM VAR VAR UICC I 3. The number/LG Tablet, again which I have never owned, show zero usage since it showed up in Sept of 2022. What is this? and who do I contact so I do not spend 3 days on the phone? Will escalation services do anything? Supervisors? Managers? Just want to get all my ducks lined up so I can stream line a solution.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Good Luck trying to get a credit since 2022.  I had to end up taking them to small claims court to recoup some of my money.  First, put in a claim for the accounts that are not yours.  They will tell you they will have to investigate and get back to you within 10-14 days. Let them know that they need to check the usage on the account and verify they have never been used.  Depending on what they tell you after their investigation, you may have end up handling through litigation.  I used a company called Fairshake and they helped out tremendously.  But go through the proper channels before going legal. Good Luck to you!

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

a few additional steps you could consider taking:

1. Keep detailed records: It's great that you have tracking numbers for the phones that were sent out, as this can help to prove that the phones are not yours. Be sure to keep detailed records of all of your interactions with ATT, including the names of the people you spoke with, the dates and times of your calls, and any relevant information they provided you. This can be helpful if you need to escalate your case or file a complaint.

2. File a complaint with the FCC: The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulates the telecommunications industry and can investigate consumer complaints. You can file a complaint online at https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us or by calling 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322). Be sure to have all of your documentation ready when you file your complaint.

3. Consider contacting your state attorney general's office: Your state attorney general's office may be able to help you resolve the issue with ATT. They can investigate consumer complaints and may have additional resources available to help you.

4. Consider switching providers: If you're unable to get the issue resolved with ATT, it may be time to consider switching providers. Mint Mobile is one option, but be sure to do your research and compare prices and plans from multiple providers before making a decision.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.