For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
sgmidf's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, October 29th, 2016 11:03 AM

Closed

Unlocking Gear S2

Hello,

I have a Samsung Gear S2 and was given the code to unlock it by AT&T. However, the instructions say to remove the Sim and I don't believe that's possible. Is anyone familiar with how to unlock the watch?
Thanks

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Samsung watches run on the tizen os so android has nothing to do with the procedure

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

6 years ago

@SnufalufagusI doubt Tizen is really that "unique", it's mostly a blend of old Linux-based OS's (kernel base), with some Samsung tweaks.

This article is a bit "aged", but the base diagram is nice, and gives you a good perspective on the "lineage" of the OS:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/02/samsung-z1-review-the-first-tizen-smartphone-still-feels-like-plan-b/

This article does a good job of drawing a more current set of parallels (and differences) and gives some pros/cons perspective too:

http://www.mindxmaster.com/2017/01/samsung-tizen-vs-google-android-compaision.html

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

seems as though Tracfone and ATT are non-compliant to unlocking devices for uses available in such devices as prescribed by law. I was given an Edge S7 and now I cannot not use it to call over Wifi even though this phone is capable. As with the G2 watch, also given, it cannot be unlocked only blue toothed to phone when it could be used as a phone in and of itself. All of these capabilities are there so the law is not being enforced. Unlock means unlock. Even after procedure, nothing seems to have changed in options.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

the code given, I enter it I press done on number pad and it hides the ok button to enter and can't reach it....

the screen on the watch comes up personalization enter NCK: 

I unlocked the reactivation option and tried it again, got the numbers in and hit back button on watch and ok button showed. I hit ok and and it said succeeded. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@daelvE wrote:

seems as though Tracfone and ATT are non-compliant to unlocking devices for uses available in such devices as prescribed by law. I was given an Edge S7 and now I cannot not use it to call over Wifi even though this phone is capable. As with the G2 watch, also given, it cannot be unlocked only blue toothed to phone when it could be used as a phone in and of itself. All of these capabilities are there so the law is not being enforced. Unlock means unlock. Even after procedure, nothing seems to have changed in options.

@daelvE

No unlock means unlocked to use voice sms and data... Carrier features like wifi calling hot spot and some others are still locked to ATT....  Notice it says phones and tablets on the CTIA website....  Also I posted the screenshot for you...

https://www.ctia.org/initiatives/voluntary-guidelines/consumer-code-for-wireless-service

Capture.PNG

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

All you need to do is give the new carrier (gsm to gsm) the CCID number.  Simple.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have requested the code from att and entered it in my S2 3G.

Is also said succeeded!!!

But what shall I do now?

I still can't set up a new phone number anywhere....

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

But how can I enter the new SIM data?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Kingjohn wrote:

I have requested the code from att and entered it in my S2 3G.

Is also said succeeded!!!

But what shall I do now?

I still can't set up a new phone number anywhere....

You have to ask your new carrier.  Each has a process to setup their eSim.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.