For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
fredziffel's profile

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

Monday, August 17th, 2015 10:33 PM

Why Al Jazeera ?

Why is U-verse carrying Al Jazeera ? Are part of my monthly fees supporting this garbage ? If you watch it , you will understand their hidden addgenda if you have an IQ above a turnip.

One can only hope at&t will get rid of the E channel ... glamorizing the disgusting kardashians is an insult to Americans.

Scholar

• 

223 Messages

9 years ago

@mitchflorida wrote:

Al Jazeera gets 29,000 viewers in Prime Time.  No one wants to watch yet another left wing news channel.  It has horrible ratings and should be dropped for that reason.  Is Uverse really paying for that channel?  

Maybe you should switch to a provider that doesn't carry Al Jazeera if you feel that way.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

9 years ago

@mitchflorida wrote:

Al Jazeera gets 29,000 viewers in Prime Time.  No one wants to watch yet another left wing news channel.  It has horrible ratings and should be dropped for that reason.  Is Uverse really paying for that channel?  

Al Jazeera ain't costin' you anything so why you got your panties in a wad?

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

9 years ago

I do agree with the OP, that anyone that watches it probably does have the brain of a turnip but I also pay for a ton of other useless channels that I don't watch so I choose to ignore those channels. It's nothing but a mouthpiece for the Qatar ruling family and from some articles I've seen quoted from them, they can be far from un-biased at times.

Scholar

• 

223 Messages

9 years ago

@rearnold864 wrote:

I do agree with the OP, that anyone that watches it probably does have the brain of a turnip but I also pay for a ton of other useless channels that I don't watch so I choose to ignore those channels. It's nothing but a mouthpiece for the Qatar ruling family and from some articles I've seen quoted from them, they can be far from un-biased at times.

I feel the same way about people that watch Fox News and One America News, but unlike the OP and mitchflorida, I believe in choice.

Explorer

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

I knew the internet would keep this golden thread alive....For all you Al Jazeera fans/nonfans out there in the interwebs, Al Jazeera America shutting down

From the article on yahoo, "The Qatar-backed cable news outlet is being shut down on April 30, Al Jazeera's CEO Al Anstey announced on Wednesday."

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

8 years ago

@spazbq02 wrote:

I knew the internet would keep this golden thread alive....For all you Al Jazeera fans/nonfans out there in the interwebs, Al Jazeera America shutting down

From the article on yahoo, "The Qatar-backed cable news outlet is being shut down on April 30, Al Jazeera's CEO Al Anstey announced on Wednesday."

I WILL DEMAND A REFUND FROM AT$T AFTER APRIL 30. I AM NOT PAYING FOR SOMETHING I DO NOT GET. WHAT ADDRESS DO I SEND MY BILL TO AT$T FOR A REFUND? IF AT$T DOES NOT PAY, I WILL SEND THEM TO COLLECTION!!!!!!!!!! NO ONE MESSES WITH ME.

ANONYMOUSLY TYPED FROM MY MOTHER'S BASEMENT.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

No loss

Scholar

• 

223 Messages

8 years ago

@spazbq02 wrote:

This is what The New York Times reported in the last paragraph of their report:  As part of Wednesday’s announcement, Mr. Anstey said that after the cable news network shuts down by April 30, Al Jazeera would expand its digital presence in the United States. The expansion “would bring new global content into America.”

Does anybody knows what that means?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

8 years ago

Seems to be insightful reporting HERE

Scholar

• 

223 Messages

8 years ago

broadcastingcable.com is reporting that the parent company of One America News (OAN) is interested in occupying the Al Jazeera America slots.

As far as providers that are currently carrying both Al Jazeera America and OAN (as AT&T U-verse is), I would like to see Al Jazeera English occupy the Al Jazeera America slots.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.