Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Pcb0101's profile

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Friday, May 31st, 2019 2:33 AM

Closed

What is tvpromise.com and why are they removing programming?

What is tvpromise.com and why are they removing programming on nbc?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This is not right n I want a discount on my direct tv package until u get it fixed or I'm switching to another company. Plain n simple!!!!!

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

And i am right along with you!

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

We should not have to get a alternative system to get oyr lical channel its inconvenient we are paying for this channel and should be reimbursed  it! I signed up for At&t with the confidence i would get local channels now my shows are no longer available because of business negotiations! If this channel and others are not coming back then you need to correct your lineup and compensate for the programs we are not receiving! I pay on time and expect excellence in satellite programming! If these local channel do not come back, im going to have to subscribe elsewhere for my local channels!

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Judi357 wrote:

This is not right n I want a discount on my direct tv package until u get it fixed or I'm switching to another company. Plain n simple!!!!!

Local channel pulled the feed as a leverage tactic during negations. TV provider cannot force them to return the feed. As long as at least one local channel is provide the cost remains the same as it is not itemized per area.

Terms of service have a clause that states that programming/channels/service is subject to change at any time. This is because they don't own the channels. You are not entitled to a discount, but if you call they might provide one as a courtesy. Plain and simple.

Scholar

• 

237 Messages

5 years ago

I think the bigger issue here is the failure of AT&T to keep customers informed. The lack of notification is why so many people are angry about this and saying things like it's a breach of contract or there better be refunds.

There's probably a bigger customer loss now than if AT&T had simply kept customers informed. I filled a complaint with the FCC about this issue. They responded in just one day with a link to a page about cable television and the must carry rule. They then promptly closed the case. Complaints to Nexstar won't do anything, as they will just refer the matter to AT&T. Complaints to At&t clearly won't do anything as evident from posts in this thread; just a copy and paste from tvpromise about the issue. 

I'm fed up with broadcasters being allowed to pull their feed as a negotiating tactic. I've been in the middle of this too many times. I can only hope that if legislators are involved in the push for a resolution to the dispute (as research indicates; just search *local channel* and Nexstar) that this will get resolved. 

At the end of the day, the fact remains that AT&T did NOT or chose NOT to notify customers, and that's a problem. 

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I agree with you, its a shame it has to be this way, but the fact is, some customers who live in rural areas like me do not have a choice of cable and satellite companys because only one or two will service these areas, which in turn leave us frustrated and stuck with what we get, but that doesn't mean we should take it lying down, we have to voice our concerns and at least try to address the issues, we pay for our subscription  and we dessrve honest and good service in return! So we will be patient in the meantime, but i don't think alot of people will be sticking around much longer if these things aren't getting resolved!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Nexstar didn't remove channels during negotiations. ATT removed them.  Why would anyone believe anything ATT says after the truth has come out?  

I'm embarrassed to admit members of my family have been employees of ATT since inception since the 70's, back when it was Bell.  They treat employees like they do customers, only the ones in corporate stand by the company and it's lies.  They were one of the corporations that lobbied for the 2017 tax break, promising to open more state side call centers and hire more people.  Instead, they closed centers in the US, and used the money to enrich the corporate entities.  If you want the truth about how ATT 'cares', do a little research.. it's easy to find.

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

Direct tv has broken their promise to furnish me certain local channels; Therefore I will deduct a percentage from my bill to cover missed programming and their broken promise. 

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

•  Direct TV promised me local channels  in return for a monthly price. They have failed to deliver on this promise. Therefore I will make a deduction in my next bill to cover affected missed programming.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Yes that is true that AT&T removed the Nexstar NBC stations from the lineup but position was renew the contract as is or we won’t renew, they didn’t renew and after the contract ended, guess what, no pay, no play. Nexstar’s stance is use the customers as leverage and AT&T will give in, costs are going up on all sides, look up and dig to see who really owns Nexstar, you will see what the real problem is.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.