Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
zeetoe25's profile

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, March 1st, 2015 2:20 PM

What happened to the Music Choice Channels?

Hello,

We awoke this morning to find out the our Music Choice Channels were replaced with Sting ray!  What's up with that?  Also, what the heck is U-verse Elite?  When I was check Sting Ray, it told me I need U-verse Elite to continue.  I hit okay and it downloaded the channels ... Is this adding cost to U-verse 300 programming?  If so, how do I change it?

Thank to all who answer!

Dennis

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@HorribleMusic wrote:

Yes, thanks for giving the advice of sending a message to the escalation e-mail. I turned on my TV this morning only to realize that the music had changed. What a horrible option, AT&T! Shame on you! You pride yourself on being better than Comcast and being so customer service-oriented and then you have the nerve to just up and switch the music selection we are paying premium prices for AND without notice!! I don't even recognize any of the artists or songs on the so called "Hits" option and the Adult Pop sounds like elevator music! I plan and escalating my complaint as high as it can go. Everyone out there who feels like they are being ripped off by AT&T should do the same. Thank God I signed up for Pandora last month. Maybe I should just dump AT&T all together, like many others are doing and going to the option of streaming what they really want and not paying for crap that they don't want like Stingray!! Thanks alot AT&T!!

I doubt anyone is paying "premium" prices for something available to the vast majority of subscribers. We pay "premium" prices for channels like HBO.

I also doubt they just "up and switched' anything.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

@zeetoe25 wrote:

Hello,

We awoke this morning to find out the our Music Choice Channels were replaced with Sting ray!  What's up with that?  Also, what the heck is U-verse Elite?  When I was check Sting Ray, it told me I need U-verse Elite to continue.  I hit okay and it downloaded the channels ... Is this adding cost to U-verse 300 programming?  If so, how do I change it?

Thank to all who answer!

Dennis

U-verse Elite is an internet speed program which allows downloads up to 6 mbps. I am not sure what you are referring to when you are talking about downloading channels. I see Stingray right now on television. I assume you are talking about your computer or smart phone. Since I am not a techie, I will let one of the other forum members answer your question.

As far as Stingray, itself, I am find it difficult to navigate. Music Choice was easy. With Stingray, you cannot just change channels in order to watch or listen to it. You have to hit "OK" on your remote when you get to the channel. Even then, it takes a while to actually get the channel while you wait for the circle to stop circling.

Changing music channels is all done with the "OK", the left and right arrow buttons, and the up and down arrows. You sort of have to experiment around to get the hang of it. I still cannot figure out how to get out of Stingray other than turning off U-Verse and then turning it back on. I tried the "Back" button on the remote and the up and down channel button. Neither worked.

It really does not matter to me at this point that Stingray is more complicated than Music Choice. I do not have U-verse for music, I have it for television and internet.

Just press Exit to TV to exit to the 51xx channel, like it says at the bottom as I'm seeing now.  You're actually going into the Stingray app when you choose a channel. 

You can get the app menu like the app by pressing the Back button, to choose to go to another channel.

Really pretty simple to navigate and they put instructions at the bottom of the screen. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Chris: I tried what you suggested, and it worked fine. However, Music Choice was so much easier to deal with since it was not an app, and all you had to do was change channels to get different types of music.

The bottom line is that I do not subscribe to U-verse for music channels, I subscribe for television and internet. Threatening to quit U-verse because of a change in music channels makes no sense to me. But everyone has a different interest. I prefer playing CD's if I want to listen to music.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

We also listened to the contemporary Christian station, and were surprised to find no similar options when we tried to play it today. It makes cable even less usable for us. It looks like there's more variety in the new music stations, so it's upsetting that there's not one option for us with current Christian music. (The old station was a bit dated, but still decent). Not one for contemporary Christian, but they have Polish music?? Lol. I'm Polish, so that's great and all, but I know the demand for this can't be as high as a Christian station would be. At least we can listen to Air 1 or similar stations on our Apple TV. Hmm. Feeling left out here, AT&T. We don't have much time for tv as it is, so maybe it's time to cut the cord...

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

I am not happy at all with this change, Stingray Music is not working at all Man Sad. I listen to music via U-verse TV 70% of the time; called tech support, the rep I spoke with did not know about the change or what to do to fix the problem. He did say that U-verse internet is not required just high-speed internet, I have TWC running @ 200Mbps/20Mbps, but I get "error 0" each time I try to access Stingray.

So far I tried resetting my U-verse modem and STB, still no Stingray.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

baseballisback:

Thank you for your reply and for this helpful information!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

We have theater room with a 109” projection screen. One thing we have been doing EVERYDAY since the room was completed was to play the Smooth Jazz channel through the sound system with the projector off. Unfortunately, starting this weekend ATT switched to Stingray. I have no problem with them switching but, I have a big problem when none of the channels working.

“Error code: 0 Failure to load resources”

Went to the tech support chat and the first rep basically told me that you have to have uverse internet for this to work and stopped the chat before I could reply. So I went back and chatted with another tech and rather than get solutions I get apologies. At least this tech had a manager call me back which again didn't offer any solutions other than to buy ATT internet.  He went on to say that "his team" will work the issue.

1. I have fiber to my house with a connection speed that neither cable not ATT can touch. I am not switching my internet!

2. When signed on to uverse I signed a contract that gave a group of channels that included 60 some odd music channels at an agreed to price. I am no longer getting those. 

The obvious solution is to make the music channels work. I don't care how they do it but, if I have any increase in my bill then I am switching back to my previous provider.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Contemporary Christian selections are hidden in the "POP" folder, subfile title "The Light".

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

9 years ago

Hi ptsylmsit,

Thanks!  I finally found it yesterday going through each menu.  What a pain!!!  My wife did find out that if you enter the channel number ... like "5134" (old Music Choice #) and The Light pops up.  So it looks like the channel numbers are at lease the same.  Soundscapes is "Spa" at 5140.

Thanks again,

Dennis

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

9 years ago

Having to open an App is just boneheaded. Just make them stations like MC. It was easy. Why make it hard just because it changed!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

In a phone call to customer service, I learned AT&T is in negotiations regarding Music Choice channels. Meanwhile, we are stuck with Stingray. (at least they give us SOMETHING)

Representing a group of 6 neighbors who ALL dislike Stingray, I am hoping the powers-that-be will listen to what their viewers are saying here, not to mention all the many others who do not know or bother to come here to post their displeasure.

Tell your circle of friends and family to let AT&T know how they feel, and for them to spread the news, it's the only way back folks...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.