Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
wolftoast's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, December 22nd, 2013 9:47 PM

Volume too low from U-verse Receiver I think?

Panasonic Viera 65" TC-P65VT60 (loving it btw) and a new Vizio Soundbar S4251w-B4.

U-Verse into TV = HDMI1

AppleTV = HDMI2.

Viera TV out to Soundbar = Optical Audio Cable.

AppleTV sounds amazing through Soundbar. Viera TV on U-Verse sounds good through Soundbar but I have to crank Soundbar volume all the way to max. It's as if there's a "limiter" from the U-Verse? Anyone know how to "overcome limitation?"

The Amazon Prime App on the TV, and the AppleTV playback can be about 4/10 on the volume scale, and sound rocking.

But any U-Verse channels or recorded programs through the Viera TV have to be at 10/10 and are just barely serviceable volume-wise.

I tried the ATT/OK button flash.  But saw no option for 955 entry.  Did it anyway.  Didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@MrAirport - OK, they spelled att STB -

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 6.20.26 PM.png

Maybe yoy are not refering to setting thhe audio. Are you refering to att/ok? THe programming is different for the s-20 & 30. INstructions here -  https://www.att.com/support/tv-remotes.html

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry to beat this with a stick; but I think I am either reading too much into this or missing what I need to do.

I have a S20 remote and there is no "at&t" button , so I don't see how I am supposed to:

"press both att & ok buttons simultaneously."

I am attempting to check and increase the STB volume.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

i dont have a enter key

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

using s10-s3 remote. no enter key

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

this one solved my problem. I was pressing OK, not ENTER. Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

(Reply for this message by gamerscircle)

On the S20 remote, you can enter programming mode by holding the "Menu" button and the "OK" button simultaneously, until the power light at the top of your remote flashes red twice. From there, you can insert any valid programming code and start. You can exit programming code by pressing a button other than a valid entry (Try "Back", "Exit to TV", "OK", "Delete", etc.)

To switch your controller's controls to another source (TV Audio / Ext. Speaker Audio / Reciever Output Audio), follow these steps:

1. Enter programming mode (Instructions above)
  2. Press "955" in order on the remotes keypad, then select one of the options from your quick-switch buttons 
    Spoiler
    Quick-switch buttons:
    Orange "On Demand" button = TV Audio
    Blue "Interactive" button = External Speaker Audio
    Green "My Multiview" button = Receiver Output Audio
  3. Use the Volume +/- respectively to set the volume of the selected device.

To reset your controller (Forget your TV / External Speaker device), do the following:

1. Go into programming mode
  2. Press "981" on the remote keypad
  3. Wait until the in-button lights turn green.
  4. Your remote is now unpaired from any connected TV or External Speaker devices.

To connect a new TV or External Speaker to your controller, do the following:

1. Go to your mini-menu and open "Help"
  2. Go down to "Remote Control Setup" & open it
  3. Please select your remote from the list. You can find what kind of remote you have by looking on the back of your remote for white text at the top, right under the transmitter.
  4. Select whether you would like to pair a TV or an external speaker
  5. Select "Top 10 Brand Search"
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions and your device will be paired!

(Can't find your brand?) 

Spoiler
Some brands are not as popular as others, so go back & go to "Brand Search" / "Search by Brand" / "Search by Name" / "Search by Brand Name"
Type in the brand of whatever device you are connecting either on the on-screen keyboard or your number pad
When you see your brand, press on it and follow the on screen instructions.
If you cannot find your brand, please contact AT&T support.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.