Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
dannko58's profile
dannko58
#1 Star!

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Sun, Sep 14, 2014 5:21 AM

Vizio sound bar and Uverse remote fix

I may be the only person with the ONLY solution. I will not post all the directions, figure that out yourself, but here is how to make it work.

1- program Vizio sound bar to TV button on remote using code 1009, try others if that one doesn't work
2- program your tv to the DVD button on remote using manual code or auto scan
3- send all volume to tv button, press ATT then press OK, then enter 955, then press TV button, done.
4- to power all off, press ATT and OK buttons, release, enter 977, press ATT only again, then press DVD and TV buttons, then the ENTER button

This is the fix.

Anytime you hit volume the sound bar will operate, then when you hit power, all should power off and on.

ATT should pay me for this info.
aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

Il y a 8 y

The exact function of the 944 code is good catch.

I did program the button once & was sure I programmed the channel second. I guess not.

I was confused about which mode button to press first. But, there was no mention of programming the TV button first. Maybe they assume it is the default & is already programmed. Another case of documenting a step without regard for how to apply it.

Adding the soundbar introduces some complexity of how it will be used. We want to balance minimum button presses with desired flexibility. It could be flexibility is not needed - the soundbar is always on(minimize button presses) Or, it could be used only for special cases(allow selective use).

I set one up( a Zvox) for always used. So, i did not need flexibility. The Zvox has its own code or can be programmed to match any of five major mfgr or learned from the original TV remote. ZVOX recommends NOT using the same code as the TV for the soundbar. It seeme to me that is for the NOT always used case. For, always used, the same IR can be applied to both the TV and the soundbar.

Using the same code-

The one IR power toggle impacts both TV and soundbar..

The volume control is heard from the Zvox & only affects the TV by a momentary display of speaker OFF.

If the two get out of synch the Zvox can be turned on by a volume up (like the u-verse OK).

Of course, if the soundbar is to be used infrequently, then seperate IR control would be required.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 8 y

Read this until my head is swimming!
Have a Vizio vx37L HD TV
Logitek VSB 210ws sound bar which I want to be always ON
Logitek VBR 220 BluRay player
Logitek 921 TV Cam HD
S10-s4 remote
AUX button is not being used

Is it possible to control sound level of all these devices with the VOL button on the remote without an involved button pushing sequence? If there is, please post instructions on how to set it up.
aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

Il y a 8 y

Let's start with the VSB & VBR. These appear to be Vizio (not Logitech) devices. But, that is not critical.

We can only speculate if you can support these devices with a u-verse remote. You  cannot use the "control STB" workaround because you want to control audio input from the blue ray player.

You may (or may not) find a Vizio TV code that can control the Vizio sound bar. You have to try all vizio TV codes on the TV button to see if you can control the sound bar. If you find one it can be moved to the aux button & be default volume control.

att is introducing a new s-20 remote that may (or may not) support the Vizio sound bar & is easier to program for a sound bar.

You can connect the TV audio out to the sound bar audio in & turn off the speakers in TV by the audio menu. The manual does not state if this connection has "fixed" or "variable" volume & it does not have a choice. So, you have to try it.

If you are lucky, it will be variable & your current settings on the u-verse remote will control the TV volume that controls the sound bar output. Set the TV & soundbar levels to a comfortable level & while watching the u-verse remote will vary the sound you hear.

This would be the most transparent way to make the sound bar work as ALWAYS the sound producer.

It does not address the other controls for the blue Ray or the TV cam. For those you need a Logitech Harmony remote.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 7 y

Took me a long time to discover what was happening to sound on Vizio 47" smart TV. Your advice led me to the solution.

I I switched to ATT Uverse from another provider last August, and had various problems getting everything to work properly. Finally made it happen and all was well until about 2 months ago. All of a sudden one day, heard a loud pop, and audio started fading intermittently. Submitted a claim on extended warranty and eventually a technician came, replaced every board in the TV. All OK for a few days, then loud pop again and problem again. Contacted Solution Center again, was told maybe optical audio cable was the problem. Replaced the cable, no improvement. Made and sent 2 videos displaying the problem, which were not acknowledged by the Solution Center, the agent had told me no parts would be replaced unless problem occurred while agent was on site. Started feeling frustrated. I had noted that sound bar continued to produce sound after Mute button was pressed on Remote. Sent email to agent asking if this was normal, haven't had time for a reply. Went on-line, found this solution, applied it and problem solved! I must have used it last year, and didn't remember it. Thanks much for posting in terms a great granddad can understand. No sound level variations since fix applied.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Il y a 7 y

dannko, AT&T should pay you to stop posting faux "solutions" that don't work. Pretty haughty, though.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.1K Messages

Il y a 7 y

@opieandy wrote:
dannko, AT&T should pay you to stop posting faux "solutions" that don't work. Pretty haughty, though.

dannko hasn't been around since Oct. 2014 so I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Smiley Frustrated

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Il y a 6 y

Purchased a Vizio sound bar. Is it possbile for the Uverse remote to control it? Turn it on and off with the TV? Control volume?

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.