For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Caligirl101's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 26th, 2016 3:55 AM

Uverse app- watching recordings

Some recorded shows I can watch on my ipad and iphone using the uverse app.  But most I can't.  Actually, it seems like I can watch ABC shows but nothing else.  Why is that?  Frustrating!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

7 years ago

@Favoja wrote:
What the heck is a slingbox? All my dvr recordings were playing back just fine with existing programming for about two days and suddenly stopped. Ive tried every option, no go. Was told via chat to unplug my dvr reciever to correct the problem. I believed the whole idea behind dvr is not only controlls, but to be able to playback. Wassup att? Paying full tilt for services. I am a terminally ill cancer patient, and the remote access is perfect for me WHEN IT IS WORKING! Please correct this "bug" asap please.....as i utilize mostly tablets for vieeing since my condition as caused me to become immoblie.....PLEASE HELP, THANKS!

Let me offer some clarity and while you won't like this answer, it is fact:

IF you have Uverse, you are not watching your recordings remotely, (computer/Ipad/tablet) since that is not a feature of Uverse.  You are watching progamming from the On Demand library.

If you want to watch recordings remotely, a  Slingbox  is necessary. If you have DirecTV, you could be since that's an option with that service.

Remote access is only available from the On Demand library or live streaming but not recordings...if you have Uverse.  Whatever shows you are watching on your tablet are from the OD library.  There is no "bug" to fix.  It is what it is.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

{keep it courteous}On the upside I'm now crystal clear that U-verse app allows live tv and on demand - NEVER DVR. Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Well, that is just another way for AT&T to screw with their customers, and demand more money!  I had access when we first received Uverse, and then all of a sudden we no longer have it.  We purchased with AT&T telling us we would have access to all of it, there was no differences from Direct TV and Uverse.  Now, there is!  AT&T continues taking advantage of their customers.  Always have and always will.  Just when I think they are changing their stripes, they strike again.  

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

7 years ago

@lauriek716 wrote:

Well, that is just another way for AT&T to screw with their customers, and demand more money!  I had access when we first received Uverse, and then all of a sudden we no longer have it.  We purchased with AT&T telling us we would have access to all of it, there was no differences from Direct TV and Uverse.  Now, there is!  AT&T continues taking advantage of their customers.  Always have and always will.  Just when I think they are changing their stripes, they strike again.  

No, you didn't.  Watching recordings remotely has never been available with Uverse but.....whatever.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

This was not true a few years ago with U-verse! You were able to watch DVR recordings on the IPad. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

6 years ago

@Anachykln wrote:

This was not true a few years ago with U-verse! You were able to watch DVR recordings on the IPad. 

I've had Uverse continuously for 11 years so trust me when I tell you:  The ability to watch RECORDINGS remotely (computer/laptop/tablet/phone) has NEVER been an option with Uverse.  DirecTV? Yes....Uverse? No.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I started up with ATT U-verse October 2018 and yes I had been able to watch the actual recorded programs that are on my DVR.  I know I was watching the actual recordings and not the on Demand because I was able to watch all the programs recorded on my DVR and now I can only watch the “recorded” programs that are available on demand.  Also when watching a recorded program from my IPad I was able to fast forward through the commercials.  Usually hitting the the circular arrow with the 15 about 6 times would get me through all the commercials each time they came on.  Now I can only watch the programs on my DVR that are also on demand and can not fast forward through the commercials so yes I now can only watch them on Demand.  Maybe it was a temporary glitch, I don’t know, but I definitely was watching the DVR recordings.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

5 years ago

I've had Uverse for almost 12 years (9/2007) and I've seen it ALL.  From 1 HD stream to 2 then 3 then 4.  I've had NUMEROUS gateways and I've been through my share of DVRs.  I started with wired boxes and moved on to wireless.

I'VE....SEEN....IT....ALL......

There was a time that you could stream live programming on your computer but NOT DVR content.  Then they moved it to the app.  I don't care how often it's said, but the ability to watch recorded content has NEVER been an option with Uverse, trust me. 

Unless you were watching recorded content from DirecTV, you dreamed it.  Or maybe you are in an alternate universe.  Those are the only options.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Response dated 2016!!!  Still can't watch recordings with app.  Ridiculous...could do with Dish forever.  Catch up Uverse or I may need to go back to Dish!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Have they given reason why we can't watch recordings with app?  If Direct TV and Dish can uverse should be able to.  Same technology.  Dish has several features I miss since uverse is behind.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.