For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
susu166's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 12:22 AM

Closed

Using Amazon Firestick with AT&T U-verse

I recently moved and the only choice for internet/tv connection was AT&T (previously had COX Cable).  My Amazon Firestick worked fine with COX.  But I'm having issues getting the connection to work with AT&T.  I got the Firestick to show up properly.  My network name shows up on the screen.  I enter my password and it attempts to authenticate.  But it fails every time and simply says, "Authentication problem."  Then it disconnects and tries again.  The password is correct so that's not the issue.

AT&T Tech support/chat attempted to help me by instructing me to adjust firewall settings.  But that also failed.  After that, they connected me to ANOTHER level of tech support.  They assured me that they could resolve the issue but their support was a paid service so I'd have to subscribe to it!  Wow. 

Why in the world is this so difficult?  Any help is appreciated.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

(Edited) See included image...

15718351840351860706454997372991.jpg

1 Attachment

(edited)

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I stream on wifi through AT&T phone service with Firestick...I would like to get TV service but only in the room I am in, for Paramount Yellowstone show. Can that be done with out having to set up any lines within the house? It is not my home, I only rent an apartment in the back.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

3 years ago

4yo thread attracting spam. CLOSED 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.