Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
tji21's profile

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

Friday, April 18th, 2014 4:40 AM

TV keeps saying signal has been lost (provide UV Realtime screenshots

Any idea what could be the cause of a recent (last 2 weeks) signal has been lost of 2 different boxes?ErrorTable-2014-04-17-21-35-26.pngStats-2014-04-17-21-40-01.pngBitloading-2014-04-17-21-40-06.png

3 Attachments

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@tji21 

Are you using HDMI?  Is this happening when you are watching TV or when you turn it on?  Do you have internet with AT&T and do you lose it as well?

I noticed you are on an iNid installation.  See if they can upgrad you to the new NVG589. 

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

10 years ago

Yes we have HDMI, happens when we turn it on, and we do have Att internet which remains fine when this happens.

We got the iNID due to the distance from the VRAD and they had to install pair bonding.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 years ago

the nvg589 is a bonded pair modem which eliinates the need for the inid. usually when signal is lost  its the tv having difficulty communicating with the box through HDMI, try using component cables to see if its eliminates the problem. now theres also another signal loss error that tells you when the se top box  loses signal with the modem

this first picture is what you would see if the box lost connection with the network/or modemset top box.jpg

This picture is what you would see if the tv lost communication through the hdmi cable or a variation of something similar

tvnosignal.jpg

2 Attachments

• 

1 Message

We have “no signal” on 2 out of 3 TVs. What do we do?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

@Manrogers4 , if you have the "no signal" like the second picture above, that means the TV isn't seeing the U-verse receiver.  Check to make sure the TV Receiver is powered on, the cable is connected on both ends and that the TV has the correct input selected matching the place where the cable is plugged into the TV.

[ Be advised that you've posted on a community forum primarily peopled by other customers.  I am not an AT&T Employee.  An AT&T Customer Support rep may or may not ever reply to your post. ]

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

10 years ago

I get the top message.

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

10 years ago

How is the setup of the nvg589 different from what I have now?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 years ago

The 589 is a bonded pair modem  eliminating the need for the inid, but you need to have 2 good pairs going into the house to the modem

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

10 years ago

How do I request the 589 replacing my existing iNid setup?

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

10 years ago

How do I get a NVG589 to get my problem solved with the current iNid?  Also, what has to be rewired to go from my current iNid setup to the NVG589?

Current setup has box on side of house where demarc comes in and then unit inside house with monster battery backup unit attached on shelf?

Thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.