For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Liz5zie's profile

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, March 28th, 2023 2:31 AM

TV connection to internet

Service placed on voluntary suspension. When ready to reactivate AT&T cannot reactivate. Recommended calling TV company to connect WIFI. WIFI has been activated. Have not had this problem with other providers. 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

1 year ago

Is this U-Verse?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

1 year ago

Can you be more clear what AT&T services you're talking about?

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

It sounds like your service may have been voluntarily suspended, and when you tried to reactivate it, you encountered an issue. From what you've mentioned, it seems like the recommendation was to call your TV company to connect to WiFi, which has been activated.

If you're still having trouble with reactivating your AT&T service, you may want to try contacting AT&T customer service directly for further assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and reactivate your service.

It's worth noting that different providers may have different procedures for suspending and reactivating services, so it's not necessarily unusual to have different experiences with different providers. However, if you continue to encounter issues with AT&T, it may be helpful to explore other providers or alternatives that may better meet your needs.

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Baseballisback: yes, this is U-Verse.

JefferMC: I requested to place U-Verse on vacation hold. When I returned to have U-Verse reactivate service it wasn't possible at their end, even though WiFi was connected. Customer Service recommended (older TV, TV remote misplaced) I call TV brand. Even so, on another TV non-smart TV with proper TV remote same results zero. I'm looking for a new provider.

Brisya Tarmavg: Thank you for your comments. Right, get another provider or replace with new smart TV.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

1 year ago

@Liz5zie I'm confused by your problem statements.  When you try to use your U-verse TV, what messages do you get on the TV screen?  Do you also have AT&T Internet?  Does it work?  Did you try a "whole home reboot?"

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

JefferMC message essentially was "connect to WIFI". I needed TV remote to do this which is misplaced. Yes I have WiFi and did a whole home reboot.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

1 year ago

JefferMC message essentially was "connect to WIFI". I needed TV remote to do this which is misplaced.

If you needed your TV remote to do something, then that was a TV setting, not a U-verse thing.

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

My other TV remote didn't work either. I have a smart TV in my cottage with a different provider no problem the provider flicks a switch and I'm back on from vacation hold. Perhaps a smart TV responds more efficiently or does provider number 1 need to look into this minor problem for some of us or get rid of old TVs replace with smart TVs. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

1 year ago

A smart TV shouldn't have anything to do with it.  Did you check to see if your dedicated U-verse TV WAP was powered up and connected to the Gateway?

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Yes it is.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.