Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Do_It_Knightly's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 15th, 2019 8:25 PM

Closed

NFL Network & RedZone are gone

Can anyone, preferably from AT&T, tell me if NFL Network & RedZone are no longer being carried on U-verse? At 4:15pm today I tried to go to channels 1629 & 1630, but what I saw was a message saying “This channel is no longer carried” and there was a reference to TVpromise.org. First time I’ve ever seen that message. To me, that isn’t just that the NFL Network is offline with broadcast issues. It’s that U-verse has dropped those two channels. Anyone else have this issue or heard anything about it?

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Actually I upgraded to the highest tier in order to get Redzone 

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

You could of purchased Redzone separately for around $7.00 a month if you didn’t want to upgrade to package with movie channels. 

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Pbsswt wrote:

so If we select the package with these channels we're paying more for
them and we can't view them.

Then switch to a cheaper package.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Do you work for AT&T!!!

I selected the package that I wanted and I expect to get what I paid for!!!
You need to just worry about the package that you have!!

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

Do you work for AT&T!!!

No, I'm just a customer. You don't have to work for AT&T to know it's pointless paying extra for something you're not getting.

I selected the package that I wanted and I expect to get what I paid for!!!

If the package doesn't have the channels you want, why keep it? But fine, it's your money. Keep paying extra for channels you can't get.

I bought a monthly subscription with a local car wash because I used it all the time, then moved so I couldn't use the car wash anymore. I cancelled the subscription - I don't believe in paying for something I can't use. By your logic, you would keep paying for the car wash and call them every month to demand that they move to your new location so you can keep using it.

You need to just worry about the package that you have!!

I'm a wireless customer with AT&T, but don't have TV through AT&T. I am on the right package with my TV provider and don't pay extra for channels I can't or won't use.

Scholar

• 

36 Messages

5 years ago

Laughable comparison. There is no reasonable expectation that a car wash would relocate.

Meanwhile a competent caring company with an ounce of class would understand the ramifications of a decision like dumping NFL Network, and set aside just enough overpowering corporate greed to cut into the billions of dollars of profit by a smudge, allowing restoration of NFL Network. That is reaching an agreement and pushing a button, not abandoning one building to move into another.

This is hardly a minor matter. Check the duration of this thread. Months and months. Plus understand the situational impact. Countless AT&T users don't follow the NFL Draft or the offseason, but do watch the games week to week. That group has no idea this outrageous act has happened. Once they find out they will be flooding AT&T with contacts, and no doubt many of them finding this thread. 

However, let's enter the real world via another situational impact. It is an absolute glory era for old established corporate America. These gray haired CEOs and their associates see all their contemporaries squeezing every last million and billion via loopholes and greed, screwing the customers and the working class every step of the way. The AT&T types not only want to make sure they don't miss the party, they want to lead the party. This is merely one of the most obvious steps. Similar minded decisions are made behind the scenes all the time that would shock the public, but kept under wraps.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Well said.

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

NFL Network and now CBS. This is freaking ridiculous. 

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

5 years ago

This is insane! Time to make a move!

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

@AwsiDooger wrote:

Laughable comparison. There is no reasonable expectation that a car wash would relocate.

Exactly. And yet you expect AT&T to force another company to keep its channels on the network.

That is reaching an agreement and pushing a button, not abandoning one building to move into another.

If it was as simple as reaching an agreement and pushing a button, it would be done. Obviously it's not. We don't know the amount that the NFL Network is asking for, but it has to be high enough that it outweighs the amount NFL viewers would pay AT&T to keep it. As much as you want to believe angry mobs will be storming AT&T's offices over this, there won't be.

You talk like this is a monstrous injustice that will go down in the annals of history along with the Great Depression and Enron. It's not. You can watch NFL games for free over the air, and if you want the NFL Network beyond that, switch to a provider that carries it. But don't be surprised when that provider drops the NFL Network, too, because of unreasonable demands.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.