Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
ktut's profile

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

Monday, October 21st, 2013 8:51 PM

New Android App

I got the new app to watch live tv on my Android. When I try to run the app, it will only let me watch "out of home" channels even though I am connected to my Uverse internet at home. All of the "all channels" show an x and I cannot watch. Any ideas?

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for posting that info, it will be good for other people who have Android tablets.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

Update - now able to watch Live TV and VoD on my Vizio Tablet!  Smiley Happy

I followed Bri_man's post and looked for an specialized tablet (Android) version of the uverse app.  I did NOT find it.  SO, it must not be installable on my Vizio VTAB.

I decided to check my already installed uverse app on my tablet.  I noticed that the app date changed from Oct 21st to Oct 30th.   (Possibly relevant issue but maybe not, jump ahead if you wish):  I tried opening the app and it crashed.  In the end, I thought it had bricked the darned thing.  I left it on just to deplete the battery but it would not fire up.  I connected it back to the charger and it would try to restart and show the low battery warning, even though it was connected to the charger.  I then hooked it to the PC to charge and left it overnight.

After charging overnight, the tablet powered up, normally!  Whew!  I opened the uverse app and still no Live TV or VOD.  I then uninstalled the app and reinstalled it.  After signing in, I now had Live TV and VOD, with 100+  in home channels!  Yay!

Long story short, if your Android doesn't have Live TV or VoD, uninstall the uverse app and try again!  I wonder if the original Oct 30 update was corrupt and that caused my no Live TV issues and/or my crash/freeze?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have the U-450, that's not high enough?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Provide the link for the app in the play store, please.  Asus user.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

A day after posting these messages my Uverse Android App updated.  I now have access to all my local & premium channels in the guide on my tablet.

Must be a coincidence.

Smiley Wink

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.