Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Satcomnet wrote:

Here we go again with channel negotiations. Nexstar states they did not pull the plug. DTV states they did not pull the plug. Either way we/ I suffer. I lost my local Wavy 10 NBC July 3rd. Nexstar stated they offered DTV the same package that was accepted by other satcom companies. Negotiations seem to have gone downhill ever since ATT took over...thanks alot DTV. You screwed us in the name of bundling.

So you would be OK with AT&T simply caving into Nexstar's demands?  Are you happy paying more and more every year?  I'm not. I'm glad they're playing hardball.

Realize that Nexstar pulled your channel, not DirecTV. This is an all too common negotiating tactic used by these corporations to extort more money from TV service providers.  None are immune, so even switching providers won't help.

You will need to use an off-air antenna until they allow DirecTV to provide them again. If you can receive the station with an off-air antenna, this is a good time to request DirecTV’s Local Channel Connector (if you have HR44/HR54). It’s free. And some folks are getting a credit on their account, too. Call DirecTV …. 1 800 531 5000 

I hope you've also contacted NexStar. Request that they allow DirecTV to continue carrying them while negotiations continue. And ask them why providers like Dish, DirecTV and Comcast must pay them anything when they get to use our public airwaves for FREE?!?  After all, these service providers increase their overall viewership and advertising revenue.  They're shooting themselves in the foot!

The FCC and Congress could easily fix this. Just allow service providers to deliver an out-of-area station when local stations get greedy. But I fear that the broadcast TV lobby is too powerful to ever let that happen.

Keep up on the latest updates at https://tvpromise.att.com/

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Karriwhitman wrote:

Y can't I get NBC

Here we go again 😞

Realize that the corporation that owns the stations pulled your channel, not DirecTV. This is an all too common negotiating tactic used by these corporations to extort more money from TV service providers.  None are immune, so even switching providers won't help.

You will need to use an off-air antenna until they allow DirecTV to provide them again. If you can receive the station with an off-air antenna, this is a good time to request DirecTV’s Local Channel Connector (if you have HR44/HR54). It’s free. And some folks are getting a credit on their account, too. Call DirecTV …. 1 800 531 5000 

You'll also want to contact the corporation that owns these stations. Request that they allow DirecTV to continue carrying them while negotiations continue. And ask them why providers like Dish, DirecTV and Comcast must pay them anything when they get to use our public airwaves for FREE?!?  After all, these service providers increase their overall viewership and advertising revenue.  They're shooting themselves in the foot!

The FCC and Congress could easily fix this. Just allow service providers to deliver an out-of-area station when local stations get greedy. But I fear that the broadcast TV lobby is too powerful to ever let that happen.

Keep up on the latest updates at https://tvpromise.att.com/

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

5 years ago

Now you know that this happens to all providers.

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@keg2499 wrote:

... saying the other providers can't help isn't true as at least Dish does still offer the channels.. Since At&t, Fox news has already been taken off, and it looks like CBS now.  ....

Maybe for now. But their time will come, too. And Dish has a much worse track record of quickly settling these crazy disputes. 

And when did Fox News get "taken off"?  I'm still getting it just fine. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I live in the south east,  if nbc doesn't come back on in the next couple of weeks I will be going back to our cable network we have where I live.  Racing and football starting soon is going to cause a lot of lose of contracts.  I've always really enjoyed AT&T but if they can't provide a major TV network I hope they can get this deal fixed before they end up with stock prices dropping at a high level 

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

5 years ago

The reason I am inclined to to think it was DirecTV that made the decision to pull the channels is ALWAYS in the past when contracts were expiring, the local stations ran banners and announcements to contact your service provider to try to convince them to sign a new contract.  This always happened for weeks before a channel was removed.  This time there was absolutely no notice by anyone. We just woke up and the channel was gone. Why did DirecTV not tell us this was even in the works.  And of course, the only channel I can't get OTA is the one that was pulled.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

With Nextstar removing channels from the lineup I’m Contracted for I expect that you will reduce the rate and credit my account since you can’t meet your obligation to provide the 300 channels I am paying for.  What rebate will be given?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This is the Fox channel a local channel and I can not get it. What the heck. What is going on, FIX IT BEFORE FOOTBALL STARTS!!!!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

5 years ago

Complain to the channel and their owners as the only fix is for them to return the feed to DTV.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I’m under a 2 year agreement. When I signed you said I would get Fox, but now it’s dropped.  I don’t remember resigning or agreeing to the new terms.  With this removal of a channel without my consent does this break my agreement?  I’d like to know so, if I am able to, I want to switch to a company where I actually get what I pay for.  Not one that changes the agreement without any notice or even an anticipated end to this.

To be able to watch the women’s World Cup final I’m going to have to go a buy an antenna to get the channel over the air.  Don’t worry, I actually have a tree that grows money.  So once I have the antenna can my plan be changed to stop paying for over the air channels? 

Sure an antenna is relatively inexpensive, but I already have a monthly expense for av equipment with the never paid off router I get.

thanks,

a customer not likely to recommend U-verse

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.