Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Amazing -  BOTH sides lie about what is going on. AT&T says “Nexstar has removed it from your lineup, despite our request to keep it available”.  Nexstar says “AT&T/Direct TV has elected to block the stations despite all attempts to negotiate and keep the stations available”.  Translation: corporate greed wins as we will continue to pocket your money despite the fact that you are not receiving what you agreed to pay for. 

You “shake your head” when you read that I am going to drop this crappy customer service company.  I shake my head when I read that your answer to my problem is - “you should go buy an antenna” (ie: go spend more money to receive the channels that you are already paying us for) !   THAT, my friend, is CRAPPY customer service.  And THAT, my friend, is why ALL AT&T customers need to find another provider.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

5 years ago

@NojuanU’dno 

I shake my head at the concept of switching providers every time there is negotiation, every time the channel pulls their feed as a tactic to leverage customers.

Antenna is a one time cost if you don't already have one. Also DirecTV has been providing their Local Channel Connector (LCC) free for those in a negotiation area. Wonder if they have enough stock for this one. Comes with a indoor antenna included as a courtesy.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

who do I no longer get Channel 2?

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

LOOK at your bill and see that the re-broadcast fee is already over $5.

With another increase by Nexstar, you can expect AT&T will need to pass this add (unnecessary) cost on to you and me. This is only another attempt by Nexstar to try and improve the bottom line. This is a Nexstar RIPOFF!

Stop the madness!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

How long does it usually take for AT&T to resolve their disputes with station providers? This whole situation is so very wrong! In no way should they have dropped stations for the paying customers. If this means my bill is going up I'm out of here... Luckily I'm not on a contract at the moment!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

You have until the end of today Friday July 5 2019 to turn our channel 32 Ktab in Abilene on or you will have the wrath of ALL DirecTV and ATT Customers.We have been one for 20 years so help me God We will go to Dish on Monday and I will go to Verizon.You are full of it blaming others

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I want my local CBS station back. How do I get a local channel connector so I can try to get it over the air while the "negotiating" parties fight it out?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

You need to get Channel 10 back on the line-up.  I am giving you til Monday July 8th, and if not back, come and take your crap out of my house and I will go to DISH!!!!!!!     Long time customer...…..    GONE!!!!      LOCAL NEWS!!!! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

First NBC and Now CBS. This is the progress we have been promised. Praying that Comcast will arrive in our area in the next 2 years. 

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

If your channel 10 is ABC, then Nexstar is the problem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.