Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

Try deleting and reinstalling the app.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

As long as our tv station NBC is blocked out, how do we watch the NFL package games we’re paying a lot of money for. My husband and I are in our 70’s and DO NOT WANT TO END UP HAVING TO WATCH THESE GAMES ON A COMPUTER OR A PHONE!!!    Maybe we should ask for our money back. In fact you could at least reduce everyone’s monthly bill because it’s been too long since we’ve been able to watch anything on NBC

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

Well your subscription does not have a fee for local channels. In fact not everyone receives locals anyways based on their location. I am assuming you are being blocked die to contract disputes. Contact your local NBC and complain to them also. Either way just be prepared that upon settlement someone will be paying more. Want to guess who will be?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Each Nexstar and Dirctv each blame the other. If this is not resolved soon more customers will leave and contribute to the "downward spiral"   

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@rsbh60 wrote:
I don't expect you or Juniper to have any indication of how negotiations
are going, but I do expect ATT to know. Juniper specifically responded to a
question a real customer posted about negotiation status. If you don't know
anything, then don't answer in a condescending way to a valid question - I
know Juniper understands what that means.

I'm with @Juniper on this. What sort of "updates" would you find useful? No company will ever disclose the status or terms of their agreement. AT&T and CBS Corporation came to an agreement rather quickly, but nobody has released any information on their terms. You seem to think that NexStar is asking for the same deal that they have with other TV providers. Why do you think that?  For all we know they've upped the ante and will now demand more $$$ from all providers, especially if AT&T caves to their demands. 

The simple fact is that NexStar is not allowing AT&T to provide its stations. If you can't live with that, then you have options. Change providers (at least until your new provider goes through the same thing). Or watch the stations for FREE with an off-air antenna the "old fashioned" way. At least NexStar can't charge folks that use an off-air antenna, although you can be sure they wish they could!

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Lionhearted wrote:

Each Nexstar and Dirctv each blame the other. If this is not resolved soon more customers will leave and contribute to the "downward spiral"   

Call DirecTV to request an account credit .... 1 800 531 5000

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

5 years ago

So what does DTV gain by withholding the channel and angering their customers? Nexstar gets more money and since all providers have this problem moving is a short term fix.

TV providers looses either way people leave because of no channel and because the price is to high.

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@fr02721 wrote:

seems that you are having contract issues with WPRI (cbs) my local channel. while you are working on a deal please set us up with another CBS channel like 5 out of Boston. prime time local channels should be provided or reduce my bill until you complete your deal

Contact the FCC to request that they allow this. It was discussed in Congress a few years ago but never moved forward. Allowing providers like DirecTV to deliver an out-of-area channel would end these disputes in a hurry!

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

Unfortunately you'll have to talk to the call center in India, good luck!  If you go to the AT&T website that you can check to see if you're eligible for a rate reduction it will redirect you to another site that tries to sell you the NFL package, very misleading, and should be brought to the attention of the FCC, as well as all the state attorney generals.   AT&T has known of this problem with the website for weeks but has not fixed it or disabled the link.  VERY UNETHICAL 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I thought the dispute Was with CBS. Why don’t I have ABC. I can view CBS. I live In North Augusta South Carolina.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.