Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Scholar

• 

237 Messages

5 years ago

@baseballisback You say that anyone who is enough of a fan to watch a "niche" channel would realize that it's been gone since April. I'm aware of the fact that it's been gone, but I'm just saying that judging by the fact that there seems to be a new thread started on the topic of the NFL Network, that this isn't the case. I also would not say that it's a niche channel. I mean obviously AT&T can continue offering it to it's DirecTV customers because of the long term contract that's been in place for many years and looks like will continue to be in place through 2021 based on what I have read on other sites. Xfinity, Spectrum, Dish, Verizon FIOS have found ways to provide the channel to it's customers. It's unfortunate that AT&T will drop by each thread on the NFL Network and will say "We understand that the NFL Network is important. It remains available for our DirecTV customers, but we could not reach a deal to continue to carry it." If the decision to drop it is based on viewership alone, well of course viewership of that "niche" channel is low outside the football season. I suppose that you would also say that the NHL Network or the Longhorn Network are also "niche" channels, but those are available to EVERYONE on AT&T and even part of the new AT&T TV packages.

@bill4002 no surprise there that AT&T TV isn't offering the NFL Network.

Like I said, it was a bad decision to just simply drop it and then make it only available to HALF of the customer base. The other half of the customer base has to add another streaming service or find other means to watch NFL Network content. I know the NFL wanted to expand the Sunday ticket option, and it really seems like that was what resulted in the channel being dropped - no agreement could be reached on how to expand Sunday ticket beyond DirecTV.

• 

25.7K Messages

5 years ago

What's irritating is what side of the story do you believe? The NFL who says that At&t never approached them until after the channel was dropped OR At&t who claims that as part of managing costs, an agreement could not be reached to continue to have the NFL network on DirecTV now and uverse.”

AT&T is the most corrupt company on the planet. They send their puppets here to lie to you on a daily basis. You’ll never guess who I believe.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

As a business owner we need to have CBS on to provide our customers with Steeler Football or we are

going to lose business How do we get CBS back on

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

5 years ago

They are raising their rates to cover the cost of long term negotiators.
Acting in your best interests to keep prices down.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Roxy10 wrote:

Will you provide an updated message for ATT/Directv users? We're haven't had our ABC Augusta WJBF channel since July 4th. The station is telling us to call you. 

The only part of the message that would update is the date. The status is "still negotiating". That will be the same status each day until negotiations complete.

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

5 years ago

no surprise there that AT&T TV isn't offering the NFL Network.

Like I said, it was a bad decision to just simply drop it and then make it only available to HALF of the customer base. The other half of the customer base has to add another streaming service or find other means to watch NFL Network content. I know the NFL wanted to expand the Sunday ticket option, and it really seems like that was what resulted in the channel being dropped - no agreement could be reached on how to expand Sunday ticket beyond DirecTV.

Well ATT TV made the claim that the service would be direct tv without the dish, WRONG !!, basically you need a dish to get the nfl network,  Imagine a direct tv dish owner who gets talked into the streaming ATT TV package and finds no NFL network , no Nfl Redzone and get this no big 10 network. Plus the dvr has only a 90 day storage before they delete it recordings longer than 90 days, plus you cannot adjust a recordings for an extra half hour or hour in record options. You can only I assume record programs after a ball game to make sure the recording does not stop leaving you with an incomplete ball game. Right now ATT TV seems kind of buggy to even considering switching.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

5 years ago

Juniper - Your unwavering support for ATT never ceases to amaze me. You are
certainly a loyal puppy.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I demand that Direct TV restore the local NBC station (WAVY) in the Norfolk VA area! It's been 7 weeks and we still can't get NBC/WAVY-TV!!! I am switching to another (cable) TV provider ASAP! This is beyond ridiculous!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@PittGal wrote:

I demand that Direct TV restore the local NBC station (WAVY) in the Norfolk VA area! It's been 7 weeks and we still can't get NBC/WAVY-TV!!! I am switching to another (cable) TV provider ASAP! This is beyond ridiculous!!!

Only NexStar can "restore" that channel.  So far DirecTV is not willing to pay what NexStar is demanding. You can switch providers, but they'll go through the same thing.  Call NexStar and tell them to turn on the channel while negotiations proceed. And ask them why providers like Comcast and DirecTV should pay anything for FREE off-air stations. 

Have you tried using an off-air antenna to get WAVY?

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

5 years ago

@rsbh60 wrote:
Juniper - Your unwavering support for ATT never ceases to amaze me. You are
certainly a loyal puppy.

I'm merely a realist. There are things I like, things I don't like, and regardless of both I understand parts that are out of my control or will not happen.

Just because we might not agree on some things, certainly no reason for you to be condescending.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.