For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
mpiekutowski's profile

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

Wednesday, April 9th, 2014 4:43 PM

Live TV on WIndows 7 PC (trouble getting connected to access all channels)

I have a Windows 7 PC with a direct wire connect to the gateway. When I go to watch Live TV, it will only connect (so that I can access all the channels) about 50% of the time. I can click on the 'Not Connected' button over and over without connecting. I've tried rebooting but that doesn't help. I come back later or on another day and it connects no problem (nothing has changed on the PC). Anyone have any ideas of any settings on the PC or gateway I can check?

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

April 29 - Lost power to entire house due to storms so all systems rebooted when power restored. Only 51 channels available.

Signed In

Plug-in Installed

PC is HP580T (Intel i7 quad core @ 3.07 GHz, 9 GB RAM)

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

Internet Explorer 11

Google Chrome 34

Java version 7 update 51

Flash Player version 13

Anit-Virus = Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security version 7 (no firewall running)

Windows Firewall = On

What else can I provide for someone to help?

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Giving up on this one. It must be PC-specific and I cannot figure it out. My latest theory is that it is something related to the network card in the PC. I've updated the network card drivers but still no consistency.

Works fine wirelessly from my laptop but the PC has a bigger and better screen.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

mpiekutowski - Try firefox, Chrome is flaky on u-verse live

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

10 years ago

@mpiekutowski wrote:

Giving up on this one. It must be PC-specific and I cannot figure it out. My latest theory is that it is something related to the network card in the PC. I've updated the network card drivers but still no consistency.

Works fine wirelessly from my laptop but the PC has a bigger and better screen.

If you're at an intermediate level of computer knowledge, you can run a program called "Old Timer" which will scan for changes and show what's running.  In your case, you can set the program to a 60-day changelog.

What to do:

1.  Download it (no ickies or anything sinister) here.

2.  Nothing to install -- simply run it (double-click and allow on admin account).

3.  Leave all of the defaults as-is, just change the FILE AGE pulldown to 90 days (or more).  Click RUN SCAN.

4.  Let it run, a Notepad file will be generated.  Print a copy.

5.  Do the same 1-4 above on your laptop.  Print a copy.

6.  Compare your running processes, and the changelog (files changed within XX-days).

You can do this with the Uverse Live running and with it shut down to attempt to find any differences.

I still believe there's a conflict somewhere on your desktop computer, and this should be able to find it.  It will take some patience, so don't think this is going to be a 5 minute excursion.  Good luck.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.