For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Nightingale44's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, April 10th, 2015 8:14 PM

I only see 37 music channels on Stingray? How do I access others?

Okay so AT&T changed it's music programming from MC Music to Stingray Music BUT:

1. WE NOW HAVE 37 STATIONS ON STINGRAY COMPARED TO 46 WITH MC MUSIC.

1. There isn't a single classical music station;

2.  The "Easy Listening" station which pretends to be "relaxed & easy" throws vocals in the mix which shouldn't be there...which leads to the next point.

3.  Why isn't there an all instrumental station?

5.  The Smooth Jazz station ISN'T "smooth" by any stretch...the programmer needs a lesson in the difference between "smooth" jazz and standard jazz.

6.  Right after the initial switch there were multiple "international" music stations and now they're gone....would it really cost AT&T that much to give their high paying HD customers a little variety?

7.  More irritating than the poor music selection that you get with Stingray is the now unbelievable download time for each channel....you can't just turn from one station to another, you have to press the OK button twice and it still acts like it's an old dial-up internet system in Timbuktu....UGH 

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

Been there, done that.

It is not the line, after talking to customer service several occasions, my service would "magically" improve drastically.

If it were a service line problem that wouldn't be possible.

However, I do believe AT&T is throttling uverse when it detects multiple connected devices, as well as my gateway, and or DVR, is faulty, because as I previously stated, it will lose signal in the middle of the night when only thing connected is single television.

Over the past 20+ years with cable, Dish Network, and Direct TV, whenever I had a problem, they would send me a new receiver or DVR, and wah lah, problem solved.

ATT will not do anything without a tech coming out, which is extremely hard for me, as I work on call, 24/7/365 with absolutely no schedule or scheduled days off whatsoever. If I took off work to meet tech, I could afford to pay for Charter pipeline along with my substandard Uverse for a year.

With that said, I will not be missing work to meet tech, just to hear tech say that there is nothing wrong with my line and that either my gateway or DVR or both are junk, and that ATT does throttle people who actually expect to use the service they are paying for.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Nightinggale44,

I totally agree.

They have royally screwed over me.

I have a lot of complaints, but no time now, but did post yet another grievance relative to Stingray & also referred them to this site!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

@VOTINGW/WALLET wrote:
Been there, done that.

It is not the line, after talking to customer service several occasions, my service would "magically" improve drastically.

If it were a service line problem that wouldn't be possible.

However, I do believe AT&T is throttling uverse when it detects multiple connected devices, as well as my gateway, and or DVR, is faulty, because as I previously stated, it will lose signal in the middle of the night when only thing connected is single television.

Over the past 20+ years with cable, Dish Network, and Direct TV, whenever I had a problem, they would send me a new receiver or DVR, and wah lah, problem solved.

ATT will not do anything without a tech coming out, which is extremely hard for me, as I work on call, 24/7/365 with absolutely no schedule or scheduled days off whatsoever. If I took off work to meet tech, I could afford to pay for Charter pipeline along with my substandard Uverse for a year.

With that said, I will not be missing work to meet tech, just to hear tech say that there is nothing wrong with my line and that either my gateway or DVR or both are junk, and that ATT does throttle people who actually expect to use the service they are paying for.

That 's an interesting work schedule.  Since you work 24/7/365, how were you ever able to have U-verse installed or any of the other TV providers that you have had?

How do you know there is nothing wrong with your line?  You have some expertise that allows you to check the line yourself?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

So right, the music selection is awful!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

You are so right...Christmas selection is really BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

8 years ago

@schamilUse the IHeartRadio app (channel 532), set up an account and then search for "Christmas Classics". 

There a few different ones but this one says "IHeartChistmas Classics"  Best Christmas Classics ever!  I'm listening to Perry Como singing "It's Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas" as we speak.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.