For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Tresclub's profile

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

Monday, April 13th, 2015 5:22 AM

Angel Baseball Telecasts

Why are there still no telecasts of Angels baseball games?  This has been going on for over a year now.  When are you all going to get your act together and settle this?

Warren

Lakeside, CA

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Tresclub Request it here:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

What is the OP talking about?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

9 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

What is the OP talking about?

I have no idea. I can't find any recent disputes where Uverse customers in the Angels market wouldn't receive all the games. 

Maybe OP got in a time machine form 2012?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

I put my television in an experimental time machine and sent it back to 2011. The television came back fine, but now I see that it will be blacking out 20 Cardinal games on Fox Sports Midwest. What should I do?

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

I put my television in an experimental time machine and sent it back to 2011. The television came back fine, but now I see that it will be blacking out 20 Cardinal games on Fox Sports Midwest. What should I do?

Huh? Now I'M confused! And I don't get confused on this stuff.

Did the OP read something from 2011 and think it was current news?

Guru

• 

622 Messages

9 years ago

Do you get Padres games?  If so, there's your answer - except in the four areas with two teams (New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco/Oakland), every part of the country is assigned one Major League Baseball team, and all other teams' games on regional sports channels must be blacked out.  This is at the request of Major League Baseball; AT&T has no say over this.  (In part, this is to get people to pay for "MLB Extra Innings".)

The same goes with the NBA and the NHL, but since San Diego does not have either an NBA or NHL team, Lakeside is probably considered in the Los Angeles area, which would explain why Lakers, Clippers, Kings, and Ducks games might be on, but Angels (and Dodgers) games are not.  Just because you live "close to" Los Angeles doesn't mean they'll throw in the Angels as well; I live almost as far from Sacramento as I do from Oakland, but Sacramento Kings games are blacked out where I live.  (There's a "line" just north of where Travis Air Force Base is; south of the line, the Kings are blacked out, and north of it, the Warriors are.  Both areas get Giants and A's baseball and Sharks hockey.)

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@That Don Guy wrote:

Do you get Padres games?  If so, there's your answer - except in the four areas with two teams (New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco/Oakland), every part of the country is assigned one Major League Baseball team, and all other teams' games on regional sports channels must be blacked out.  This is at the request of Major League Baseball; AT&T has no say over this.  (In part, this is to get people to pay for "MLB Extra Innings".)

The same goes with the NBA and the NHL, but since San Diego does not have either an NBA or NHL team, Lakeside is probably considered in the Los Angeles area, which would explain why Lakers, Clippers, Kings, and Ducks games might be on, but Angels (and Dodgers) games are not.  Just because you live "close to" Los Angeles doesn't mean they'll throw in the Angels as well; I live almost as far from Sacramento as I do from Oakland, but Sacramento Kings games are blacked out where I live.  (There's a "line" just north of where Travis Air Force Base is; south of the line, the Kings are blacked out, and north of it, the Warriors are.  Both areas get Giants and A's baseball and Sharks hockey.)

Ugh. Baseball and hockey blackouts are awful. Some people in the southern plains area have to travel 6-8 hours one way to see their "local" team. Ugh. Middle of Nebraska? Your "local" hockey team is the Avalanche...and guess what? Their channel isn't available on the local cable system out there. The only option is a sports pack to get the Avs RSN as your out-of-market channel AND Center Ice.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@That Don Guy wrote:

I may be wrong, but I thought the people in Texas get both the Rangers and Astros.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

9 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

I may be wrong, but I thought the people in Texas get both the Rangers and Astros.

According to the map on this site, you are not wrong, and Loiusiana gets them as well:

http://www.hardballtimes.com/end-the-blackouts/

And, more appropriate to this thread, Lakeside, CA seems to be squarely in the Padres territory, and not in the LA (Dodgers/Angels) territory.  You may also try using this service from MLB:  http://www.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/blackout.jsp

Guru

• 

622 Messages

9 years ago

@That Don Guy wrote:

Do you get Padres games?  If so, there's your answer - except in the four areas with two teams (New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco/Oakland), every part of the country is assigned one Major League Baseball team

I stand corrected - there are some places (Missouri and southern Nevada, from the looks of it) that actually get six teams!  (If I am reading this right, Missouri gets Royals, Cardinals, Cubs, White Sox, Twins, and Brewers; southern Nevada gets Giants, A's, Dodgers, Angels, Padres, and Diamondbacks.)  However, the San Diego area gets just the Padres.

There's your solution; move to Vegas!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.