For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
bgoofy1's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 14th, 2012 6:16 PM

6 BOXES but can't watch at the same time.

We just had ATT Uverse installed last Saturday …previously, we had DirecTV. I had six boxes installed (1 living room and 5 bedrooms). However, we cannot watch all at the same time even if we’re watching the same channel. 3 boxes watches the same international channel which is not HD but one has to interrupt a TV (disconnecting it) to be able to watch it in their own room. We have 1 DVR that’s suppose to be able to record channels from different rooms but we cannot all watch at the same time. We were told we have 4 HD Streams but I don’t understand why they said we can have up to 6 boxes.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

5 years ago

You can WATCH all 6 TV's at once.  You can only watch/record 4 DIFFERENT live programs at a time. 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

5 years ago

At most:

Four different live channels.

Three different previously-recorded shows.

The TV connected to the DVR...if watching something previously-recorded, it doesn't count as a live stream. If it's live TV, it does.

If two different TVs are on the same channel, it counts as one stream...note that HD/SD counts as two.

Two different TVs on HBO-HD and it's one stream. One TV on HBO-HD and another on HBO-SD and it's two streams.

1) DVR -- Watching something previous-recorded.

2) Master Bedroom STB -- Something previously-recorded.

3) Den -- Something previously-recorded.

4) Older son bedroom -- Something previously-recorded.

5) Older daughter bedroom -- Live Showtime

6) Middle daughter bedroom -- On Demand channel

7) Guest bedroom -- Live ESPN.

😎 Younger son bedroom - Live Disney XD.

If this doesn't work, call for service.

It's ok to start a new thread vs bumping one from over five years ago, featuring retired members.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

5 years ago

You have run into the limitation of Uverse.  In my opinion you would do better with cable tv as they do not have that limitation and also each TV can get its on DVR box.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I would but cable is not an option in our area. Thanks
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.