For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Barbas01's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 12th, 2015 4:14 AM

AT&T Retention Department Not Honoring Agreement

Back on January 13, 2015 I spoke to Debbie retention department about cancelling service to go to Dish Network. So in order to stay I was offered Uverse 300, HD and 18 mbs of internet speed, with 2 free receivers 2 receivers for $121( the Managers Special) I was told. AT&T representitive ensure i would receive an email confirming the changes. Email never received.

On January 21st I called again to ask about the confirmation of the changes and also change from U verse 300 with HD to Uverse 300 Latino which is for the same price. The representive I spoke to did the change and also said she would note to a manager about the confirmation.

February 10, 2015 I saw my bill was 214.84 none of what was promise was honored. I called Retention Department Renan the representitive  said he could not honor that price but offer a whole different offer basically downgrading everything . I ask to speak to a manager, but was told manager could only call me til next day.

February 11, 2015 AT&T Retention Manager Michael in LA called with a similar offer of downgrading everything for $123. But he could give the original offer from January 2015 because prices have change. I mention to him that the price giving to me was with the changes. Still he answer that he could not honor the price originally giving to me. Why cant I receive what was agreed upon.

AT&T can I get help,

Audon

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I had a basic line but after 30 years all we were required to pay was the taxes that were charged to our service. After an 'audit' they supposedly changed all the fees, services, etc. that didn't count for concession. Then wrote a 'C' order adding/charging for ID, waiting, etc. I don't remember any explanation regarding any of this or I wouldn't have considered it a fraud and filed a formal complaint with the state utilities commission.     It gets better. After finding out what they were willing to tell me I said that I wanted to drop the landline and go with a dry loop. OK, buy I will need to kill the line and my DSL then reapply for the DSL. Fortunately I didn't go ahead. Went down to a local AT&T center to see what I could do going without concessions. Found out that (after 9 years) if I drop my DSL, it is no longer available at my address. Supposedly they no longer offer DSL in the neighborhood but likewise do not have Uverse. Don't know what the game is but they are obviously trying to force something.     I could have really been screwed over. Looking at changing to another cell company to make up the difference they are sticking me with the land line. They are waiting for those of us who are older and have lived through the changes to die off so they can run roughshod over those who don't know better and simply accept it.
       Ira~

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I too have been a long term customer of AT&T. I received a bill that was double the amount that I was paying.  As a senior citizen, I am on a limited budget and wanted to stay on the program that I had had previously.  Once I received the bill, I called and spoke to a person named Karen who hung up on me.  I called again and was placed on hold for 2.5 hrs and nobody returned to the phone.  I waited for a few weeks and called again, same response, I have spoken to stephen, Peggy, Jessica,Janice, Rashanda,Randall and Michael.  I called AT&T again today, having not MISSED a payment and spoke to Ebony, was transferred to Jake when I asked to speak to a Supervisor (which seems to be the magic word to get you placed on hold for 1.5 hrs (two days ago) or simpy being hung up on.  I called again and spoke to Jasmine and asked for a Supervisor, and was connected to Red who put me on hold for another 1.5 hrs. I've made several attempts to reach someone to discuss my account but to no avail.  I had a simple set up, no "bells or whistles" just a simple account.

I was informed today that my service was being terminated (although I have not missed a payment to AT&T) which I am sorry about because I've paid them each month without fail. I've made every attempt to talk to a supervisor to no avail!!!!  I was asked didn't you look at your current bill?  Of course not, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY CURRENT BILL!!!!!

At&T states that they have good customer service, if so, I'd hate to see a company with POOR customer service!!!!!!  Please call me **** since I cannot call you AT&T!!!!!!

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm going through something similar. Just got u verse Ata great online price & at&t isn't honoring it. I spoke to 8 people including 4 chat sessions. Still no help. No I see why Comcast & twc are successful.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

i'm experiencing the same thing. Haven't received my latest bill and now it's overdue. The woman on the phone just told me my monthly fee was higher price yet again and when I asked to talk to someone who could fix it, she put me on  hold to speak to someone in Promotions. That was 50 minutes ago now. That Promotion was back in June and it's still not right and I can't ever get to someone who can really fix it. ATT has good tech service; they come out on Sundays, but billing and customer service is quite poor.

My neck is sore with all these wait times on hold.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

---InTo: AT$T

To Whom It May Concern:

October 5, 2015

Reference #[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

My name is Wyvonnia S  and I am writing because I have failed
to reach a Supv. or get a response from anyone after many attempts. I
wrote to you on Aug. 8, my service had been turned off at that time,
which I was unaware of. I've been hung up on, had the phone placed on
hold and nobody returned, talked to some very rude agents, and informed
that AT$T did not have supervisors. I've been calling since MAY.

As of last week, I received a bill for $135 for two month's service.
Keep in mind that I have paid AT$T $100.00 for service that I DO NOT
HAVE! I only had service for June and July. It was interrupted in June
and turned off at the end of JULY! I did not miss a payment!!

I was told by two different people in the retention department that my
account had been restored and that I should be just fine. I kept paying
and waiting for the bill to come reflecting the changes and kept paying
through Sept. Last week, I was informed that AT$T no longer offers
service in my area and that there was no way that my service could have
been restored!! My question now is how can I owe for a service that I
do not have and cannot get restored because AT$T no longer offers it in
my area??? My service was interrupted in June! I still paid AT$T!!!

As a Senior, my money is budgeted according to the Social Security
Office. I plan my money and I pay my bills, but this billing is totally
out of of line. I need to hear from someone who can address this issue
and work this out! I am currently being contacted by a Collection
Agency!!!

My credit was good and I am too old to have it stained at this point in
my life!! I believe that I am being taken adavantage of because I am
ELDERLY!!

Wyvonnnia S

[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

sert Reply Above This Line---

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Contact your state's equivalent to the Oklahoma Corporation Commission or Texas' Public Utility Commission. Also get legal advice abut small claims court. Another option is a consumer advocate at one or more of the local TV stations. Get it in the news any way you can. Public embarrassment could work. Publicly get a bunch of people screaming at them.    Just some thoughts.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Same thing with me. Nothing but lies and empty promises from a bunch of incompetent employees. My bill just doubled for no reason but when I called and was on the phone for an hour reviving my account number and so forth still no resolution. I'm ready to leave AT&T asap!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I did. First I moved my cellular to make certain that my number would 'accidently' get lost in the shuffle. Then I cancelled my home service & DSL. Still fighting the bogus charges I never authorized.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I been a customer with AT&T for over a year with 4 cellular Phones and intetnet +uverse pavkage of 400..
My bill just keeps go up evey month Eventhough i lower my package to 300- and family package but my bill remain arround 150 each month for u verse only...
I call almost every month but i couldn't receive any resolution with retention department...
In addition, they are rude and lack of customers service ethics....
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.