Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
RoyalsForever's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, November 7th, 2016 5:37 PM

Verizon Samsung Galaxy s5 to AT&T?

Hello, I recently purchased a Verizon Samsung Galaxy s5 from eBay, no SIM card, to be used on a Consumer Cellular network since they had informed me that their carrier was Verizon. However, having purchased the phone, they then told me that since my phone was 3g and 4g capable they couldn't accept it. My friend has an AT&T plan that I'd like to get for myself and my question is, would I be able to bring this phone and use it on AT&T's network even if it is Verizon locked or would I have to get a completely GSM unlocked phone?

Thank you!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I literally switched from Verizon to AT&T with my Verizon-branded Samsung Galaxy S5 and it works perfectly on their 4G LTE network. It took a while to get the APN configuration right (what Katie was referring to) but after ~10 minutes of tinkering I was able to do it. True, some features won't work, but that does not include being able to use AT&T's 4G LTE network. I'm getting speedy data just like if I were still on Verizon. Just in case I haven't made it completely clear: "The Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 WILL DEFINITELY work on AT&T's 4G LTE network."

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am using at&t service on a Verizon galaxy note 5 and after doing all the apn stuff its working. I can call and receive MMS and all those features, and today I had gotten 4gLTE to work instead of H+ but after a few hours it went back to H+

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.