Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Laneman25's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 23rd, 2022 12:21 PM

Unlocked S7 Galaxy has no Enhanced LTE setting visible, cannot make calls

My S7 Galaxy can no longer make calls since the 3G shutdown on Feb 22, 2022. My phone mobile  networks menu does not have the Enhanced LTE setting. This phone is on the approved list, so it is just a setting or programming issue. It is an unlocked phone, so that may be the issue. I tried going to the ATT store and tried Tech Support from my wife's phone. No one could figure it out.  If it just needs to be locked to ATT who can do that?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

2 years ago

@Timmay531

Unfortunately, forbidden here.   Xda forums is a place to start asking questions 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

2 years ago

FYI to all, the S7 is still worth $800 in credits over 36 months as an AT&T upgrade with trade in.  There are catches, like postpaid unlimited data.  

(edited)

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

If I’m understanding correctly after reading all the comments: I have AT&T wireless service however because THEY changed their networking (or whatever to the LTE) I am now obligated to buy a new phone to be able to make or receive calls on my Galaxy S7 SM-G930U. There are NO updates for my phone? I either change phone service or buy new phone? I’m not being sarcastic however just very frustrated because I am in good faith paying for this service which I suddenly no longer am receiving. I’m a senior and the option to pop out and buy new phone or change service is extremely expensive and difficult.
Any help with this or suggestions would be so appreciated (want to be absolutely sure I’m understanding it all before I go any further) Thanks

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

2 years ago

@joanzz23

It's a 6 year old phone.  It's no longer getting proper security updates which means it's hackable. And yes you understand correctly, you either replace the phone or you find a carrier that will allow you to use that one.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.