Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
aurias's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 18th, 2015 11:29 PM

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Screen/Display Issue

I was wondering if anyone else has seen what I am experiencing on my AT&T Samsung GS6 Edge. In fact, this is my 3rd GS6 Edge and all were procured from the same AT&T store. My first one had the exact same issue as my 3rd and my 2nd one had a dead pixel near the left edge of the display.

The effect is predominantly located on the bottom half of the display but there are some "stains", "marks", "specks" (not really sure what to call it) on the top half of the display as well. Out of the box, it did not have these marks and gradually they are becoming worse. In direct sunlight, it is extremely visible and almost makes it impossible to make out the screen/picture below the white/discoloration of these stains/marks. There is also a very concentrated area of these on the bottom half.
Check this out...I am beginning to wonder if I caused this? I am not quite sure. It is definitely behind the glass...

IMG_1652.jpg IMG_1653.jpg

2 Attachments

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@JWiehlHawaii wrote:

were you able to return to Samsung the lemon phone? Having troubles with edge 6s turns off in mid text, reboots to home screen, turns off other times won't restart. had updates done but not much has changed, still does above, then asked to get a new phone, was past 14 days, so they said send it to Samsung in Texas, and get refurbished phone from A&T (only thing they would give me) and still paying the original price for now gone brand new phone,  So when sent back to Samsung, they found camera issues on top of the other problems I noticed. Thought it just was a quirk.  Got the original phone back, still have problems as before; Camera won't focus in Snapshat, Camera opens with a horrible sizzeling electric sound and vibration, and then camera will keep trying to focus for 45- 90 seconds.   AT&T will only give me a 'refurbished' phone no discount for cost while I'm only got this phone October 10, 2015 and started to try to get support back in late November/early Dec (when phones started getting sent back and forth).  Samsung suggests going through AT&T- no help.  Anyone have bettter luck with this? Want to switch to an Iphone (had a 5 before this) but AT&T refuse to take back phone (again with the 14 day over the exchange although this is a lemon phone I have and they know it but still won't make it right) and forget all about the "cool edge feature". Not worth this trouble. Seriously considering going back to Verizon.

@JWiehlHawaii

ALL CARRIERS REPLACE THE PHONE AFTER 14 DAYS WITH A REFURB.....  Read your terms of service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.