Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Has anyone tried to upgrade to JB 4.2.x manually to see if it solves the problem?

There is a link here:
http://www.gogadgetx.com/how-to-update-samsung-galaxy-note-2-to-android-4-2-2-jelly-bean-international-att-t-mobile-and-verizon/

and it looks like you do not have to be rooted to do this.

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

this is for the note. 

this thread is for the SG3

it will not work. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Well, it's been a week since ATT told me it was "fixed" in my area.  I'm happy to report that her phone has continued to work.  The rep called me back today to confirm it was still working.  I tried to get a little more info out of her for you all.  She said that I was the only customer she was assigned in my market and I'm the only one who has reported it working. Customers she has in other markets still report it not working.  She said though that ATT still considers the solution in-test right now and she wasn't sure which markets it had been rolled out to.  Im around STL in case anybody else is in this area and wants to test it.  In an earlier phone call with her, she had said ATT hoped to roll it out by the end of March.   

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

What kills me is we are all from different cities,  and we don't know each other, but yet we share the same problems. So       if the peolpe from at&t are using the same phone we are, its know way they can't be aware of this problem. But yet they want to act brand new when we call and address this issue. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Yea, sorry m.a.s.e. you are right, it is for a Note 2

But has anyone tried upgrading Android on the S3 with success/failure?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

I am on a Note 2 experiencing all the same intermittent issues described.

Missed calls (they go direct to Voicemail)

Delayed texts

Emergency calls only

10 seconds until outgoing calls ring

I am living/working North of Boston and regularly experience these issues there.

Traveled to Japan last week, no issues (had data turned off).

Returned via Minneapolis and had same issues there.

Spoke with ATT, they would not review this forum, would not acknowledge the issue.  Said they were "unaware".

After nearly 1 hour explaining issue to 4 people, finally had someone promise to have "engineer" call me within 1 week.

REALLY ATT?  If there are reps on here acknowledging the issue, why does no one on the phone know about it.  Why must I waste all my time explaining this issue on the phone every time I call?  If this is a known issue, who can I contact to discuss?  Is there a reference number or something?  When will it be resolved?

Please respond.  Please help.  Please.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I lice in Gresham and went thru 3 phones, Atrix HD's all, in one day then did an exchange for the GS3 and still having the same problem. AT&T about as helpful as a politician after elected. Seems to be MAJOR LTE PROBLEM! (LTE not supposed to have any effect on voice but only get calls when DATA is on.) Wife iPhone 4 has no problem with calls at same location.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have been caught up in this situation for a few months and found this thread.  I have done all discussed, including taking way too much of my personal time to try and solve an issue that if we all pay AT&T for calls, texts and data, they should address & fix.  

My solution - After NUMEROUS PHONE CALLS TO CUSTOMER SERVICE, I received quite a few credits.  Finally I was so fed up - I asked the CSR to tell me how much it was to cancel my contract and pay the ETF (early termination fee) - and to my surprise, they had given me more credits than it would have cost for me to pay out of pocket for the ETF.  I then promptly cancelled my contract!  

Bottom line - if you are not getting what you are paying for ask for credits to your account and you might find a way out.   Good luck to all and let's hope someone at AT&T gets this issue fixed!!

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

called ATT,

set up an APT to get a call from "retention" within 2 days. 

hopefully i can get out of this contract and go somewhere i can actually use my phone and not have a 600$ paperwight (no, i refuse to disable LTE and accept that as a solution" .... 

u get what u pay for.... i paid ALOT for 2 phones, i expect them to work...sincethey were bought full price, they are mine. to go anywhere i want to and have a supprted network. THAT WORKS. 

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

@m.a.s.e wrote:

called ATT,

set up an APT to get a call from "retention" within 2 days. 

hopefully i can get out of this contract and go somewhere i can actually use my phone and not have a 600$ paperwight (no, i refuse to disable LTE and accept that as a solution" .... 

u get what u pay for.... i paid ALOT for 2 phones, i expect them to work...sincethey were bought full price, they are mine. to go anywhere i want to and have a supprted network. THAT WORKS. 

Let us know how that call goes...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.