Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

@m.a.s.e wrote:

still no fix and still no word from aTT

this is crazy

charging us and taking the money is easy, but giving us what were paying for is not...

i would not be as mad if ATT would say "yeah we are aware of it and fixing it" rather then giving me a level -5 tech guy that i need to explain to him what LTE is.

if i will hear one more Tech guy/girl telling me "we are not aware of the issue, you need to go and replace your sim or reset your phone" i am gona explode. 

I hear ya MASE! My fear is they have no idea how to fix the issue and they will move on to bigger issues. Not sure I could stand calling the front line techs again and having to explain the entire situation all over again!

To add insult to injury. My wife has a non 4g work phone also with AT&T. On Friday a post card came in the mail from AT&T inviting her to "get more done faster" and come get a 4G phone on the 4G network! Grrrrrrrrrr

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

had my gs3 since black friday and this would only happen only once in awhile, but lately this past week it has been getting very very bad! would not recieve calls or get any notification of a missed called, and now all txts i get will always be recieved atleast 5 min late, and at the very worse i would recieve the txts 2+ hours late(which has been happening very frequently)

i tried the .apn temporary fix but it doesnt seem to be working for me..sadly..with this quick fix i also have had a message pop saying it cannot get connection and will send when it finds connection when sending txt messages (not sure what the exact message said will post it when i see it again), would take a minute or so to send a txt

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

@samuth093 wrote:

had my gs3 since black friday and this would only happen only once in awhile, but lately this past week it has been getting very very bad! would not recieve calls or get any notification of a missed called, and now all txts i get will always be recieved atleast 5 min late, and at the very worse i would recieve the txts 2+ hours late(which has been happening very frequently)

i tried the .apn temporary fix but it doesnt seem to be working for me..sadly..with this quick fix i also have had a message pop saying it cannot get connection and will send when it finds connection when sending txt messages (not sure what the exact message said will post it when i see it again), would take a minute or so to send a txt

To change your APN, did you use the method where you type a code into the dialer or the other way from the video where you create a whole new APN?  I first tried the video method and it constantly put the phone into "emergency calls only" mode. The dialer code alternative has been flawless for me.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Still having the same problems with my S3 not receiving calls, delayed VM notification, trouble making calls, delayed text messages. Phone has been swapped out 3 times, SIM cards have been changed 3 times, several master resets and on and on. AT&T has opened and closed numerous cases, both regular and critical cases and still no resolution.  AT&T finally admitted a problem existed with the network software and that they were loading the fix on the network two weeks ago.  The critical case worker said she would call me back last week to check if the phone was working.  She actually called me back.... ON THE CELL PHONE WHICH DID NOT RING AND NOTIFIED ME TWO HOURS LATER OF A VOICEMAIL (sorry for screaming, but this is totally frustrating).  She left me a number to call back and I left her a voicemail.  Well, she never called back, not surprising!  So out of the blue I get an automated AT&T call today asking if my problem was resolved.  I pressed the number that it was not resolved and got another tech on the phone and went through the entire story again.  I told her I was tired of playing games and wanted to give AT&T back my phone and move to another carrier.  She said she would get the Customer Retention representative on the phone and I could explain my situtation and they would help me.  She put me on hold for 10 minutes and when she finally came back on the line she said Customer Retention's computers were updating and they couldn't help me now.  She said to call *611 again in a couple of hours!!!  This is a classic case of a run around....  THIS IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!!  AT&T has lost my business once before and will be shortly losing it again!!!  They have to be the worst cell carrier in the US!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Heard back again from the tech support rep who had called me previously. She said ATT has a software fix that will be rolled out sometime in March in affected markets. She scheduled another commitment call in a week to keep me updated. No other temp solutions other than what's discussed here, though oddly she said that moving off LTE to 4G has not worked for everyone.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T called to follow-up on the escalated issue. They claimed that their system is down so can't re-post the issue to tech support. Offered to call me again when the system was back up. Needed to ask more questions. Claimed that they were aware of the LTE issue with Android devices and had no solution. Claimed that it only was in my area. Told them of the well over 100 posts on this thread. Rep had not read this thread, had not read the four sessions I've had with customer service, and wanted to convince me that since I'm having the issue in multiple locations that it must be a hardware issue and I should get a new phone.

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

Of course.... Every time same thing. They will never admit and doubt we will get a solution

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

i changed my APN using the video method entering in the wap.cingular, i also had the "emergency calls" problem, and of course i have also tried the help tech line before i found this forum and no help what so ever, although i'll have to give the lady props she did try her best to fix it, but 'll try the dialer code next and see how it goes, is there a way to switch back if it doesn't work?

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, u can easily revert with the same code

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

i just changed it and had family do a couple tests and things seem to be working perfectly! i'll post up any problems that happen to pop up again but man! i seriously have to give my thanks to everyone in this forum! espcially ones who helped come up with the quick fixes! you guys are life savers! probably saved my job (need alot of contact with managers) haha

hopefully at&t comes out with a full proof fix soon! so we all can happily enjoy what we paid for! 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.