Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

Sadly your misinformed on the 4-4 bit as...
1. Any non official ROM had fixed the issue
2. Rooting the phone and replacing the GPS files has also fixed the issue
3.the international variant/other carriers variants do not have this issue.

It is indeed a software issue how long it takes AT&T to provide the
promised fix for what they broke? Who knows but at least they acknowledged
the issue earlier in the thread.

We have both iPads and Android devices in my household both have pros and
cons but both have just as many issues as the other on a given software
version. Their just different issues and which you're more willing to
deal with. I find myself more prone to use my Android devices most of the
time (though tablet wise it's hard to deny the superior versions of apps
iPads get Android tablets lack) but in general I highly prefer the Android
OS for stability and features.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

Ow! Ow! Ow!

Oooh, that one stung. And Contra the other replies. I hear you. My buddie that just switched from an iphone to the Note 3 complains that his iphone "just worked". 

As a longtime android user I can confirm that this issue is just one phone, but there are a thousand little issues that crop up from phone to phone that annoy constantly. Really, if the iphone ever graduates to a 21st century screen and learns to reflow text I'll seriously consider switching.

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

At&t just announced gpsless CHEAPER GALAXY S5 ....

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

(FINEPRINT people ...no announcement has been made yet as I'm just shooting shots . However heard AT&T might release a more expensive premium Note 3 with GPS on board to stay with the competition) . I still love u AT&T ....just fix the PHONE ...and the refurbished ones too that you like sending out while your at it. Thanks!

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

10 years ago

@stewart2568   On ebay for $150 >>>  I do not see it!!??     If I did, I woudl probalby buy it!

Did you root yours? and fix the problem?   and if so,  why are you selling it on ebay?  

just curious...

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

An update was just pushed to my galaxy note 3 by AT&T. It was not Kit Kat because the version is still 4.3 after the update. I will check the GPS on the way home this evening. I'm hoping this is the fix!

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

Also just received same update..however no traveling to do today to test
it,will do my own tomorrow on my way to work.

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

I just checked my GPS ...it locked pretty quick but I'm not going anywhere till later today. COULD IT BE ....COULD IT? ??!!! Is this the promise that was told? ?!

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

Plugged it in charger ...STILL WORKS! !!GPS!

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

I just read in XDA att note 3 discussion that HAS NOT fix GPS! Ill be on the next few hours so I can't test it until then. Can someone test it sooner?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.