For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
taliawhite's profile

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

Tuesday, April 19th, 2016 8:04 PM

Marshmallow 6.0 for Note 5?

Why is it that every carrier except AT&T has updated Note 5 to Marshmallow. TMObile released theirs yesterday. We are the only carrier without it! Makes me want to switch!

Voyager

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

been a 20 yr customer tired of always waiting on At&t, taking my 4 lines and jumping ship 

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

I switched from sprint to att couple years ago but i think i might switch to another carrier too and take my 7 lines with me.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Rocket83 wrote:
I switched from sprint to att couple years ago but i think i might switch to another carrier too and take my 7 lines with me.

I cant switch the only other carrier would be verizon but there phone policy is not the best in the world.  I like the fact I can buy a asus phone and use it on att.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

Tmobile has a great deal right now 4 lines with 10gb of lte for each line for only $35 each and works great were i live.

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

Excellent point.  I agree completely.  Could carriers make their "proprietary apps" able to be uninstalled? Yes.  Will they? Not in a million years, in my opinion.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Do you know when the Note 5 will get the 6.01 marshmallow updste? Thank you.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

I believe the actual truth is that att crams more crap bloatware in with the update than any carrier and it takes a while for them to make sure those apps can't be removed. Even tho they have the s7 running just fine.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@devilsadidas

the s7 has a sd 820 where as the note 5 has a samsung exynos processor.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@lcalle

they can if they just put them on the oem partition then they are installed at first boot from the play store and can be removed after.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

And that is only the processors for these 2 devices. Htc, lg, huawei.... They use other variants and processor companies.... Att has literally nothing to do with the os working with the hardware.... Samsung did that for many months. Att will pretty much set APN's and bloat and obviously a little more... But not much.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.