For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
jbolanos66's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, September 25th, 2016 8:20 PM

Closed

Latest Galaxy S6 Edge update draining battery

The latest update that was pushed to my device on 9/23 is draining my battery to the point where the phone is almost unusable. The highest battery consuming app is listed as Android OS. When can I expect a bug fix for this issue?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I don't have Oculus and I don't even know what it is. I finally did a factory reset because my phone had a terrible reaction to the Sept security update. The battery drain was so bad that while my phone was plugged into the charger I was loosing battery power 1% every minute. And of course it was over heating. I back up everything to the cloud but I did lose all my phone settings. Very time consuming putting my settings back. I am slowly adding my critical apps and so far no problems. Tomorrow I will add some more apps and go from there. Samsung Galaxy S6. I had gotten marshmallow in July so I know that isn't the issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I had the same issue and installed a battery monitoring app. Oculus was not a major battery drainer. It showed that Android System was the battery drainer. After searching other forums, I found the answer. http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/546650-android-system-battery-drain.html Solution: Go into your settings Mobile Networks - > Mobile Data and disable Enhanced LTE Services. This was the battery drainer. I know this for a fact because my wife's LG G5 was having the same issues. She doesn't have any Oculus apps. Not sure why AT&T would force an update like this. P. S. The battery monitor I installed was GSam Battery Monitor

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Hi mikeysweet! I did a factory reset which had no effect. I did try your sugggestion and have seen a noticeable improvement although it's still draining the batter faster than before the upgrade. Android OS is still the biggest battery hog and if I look at the details I can see that the the "Stay Awake" is about as long as the phone has been unplugged. That tells me that something in the update is not letting the OS sleep as it should, when the phone is off.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.