For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
DaleDoback's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Thursday, January 12th, 2017 6:00 PM

Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Android 7 Nougat Update?

Has anyone on ATT here in the US received the new OTA update to Nougat (Android 7) on their Galaxy S7/Edge phones yet?  Reports are out that today Samsung started rolling out the update.  If anyone from ATT sees this, can you confirm if and when the Nougat update will roll out to our phones?  Thanks!

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

Yes there is  sprint already  has it sends  end of last year. I seen my friends phone. He worked  for the wireless  company  ofer 20 year.  If you don't know the facts or you didn't  see my friends  phone  don't say nothing ACM master 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

I know the facts. He could be running the beta. But as I did post the Sprint update page that says no. I think I know the facts.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

No you don't know the facts  because  he has the full version 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Yeah and sprint just lies about it OK... Get a clue.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Official from AT&T?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

@Briedw777

Of course.  The announcement is on the forum.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have the S7 and I just got the update right now.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

If the 7.0 is 1571.3mb I'm getting it now!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I got update today. Michigan. AT&T Official S7 (regular not edge or active). I just happened to go into my settings and click on to check for updates and it said there was one and started downloading it. 

Android 7.0. Wished it would have been 7.1 but this is probably what was given to them at the time for customization and testing and why it was released. Maybe get 7.1 later this year?

Funny thing is that the Support page fo the S7 hasn't been updated and still says that Android 6.1 or whatever is the current version.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@msg4you wrote:

I got update today. Michigan. AT&T Official S7 (regular not edge or active). I just happened to go into my settings and click on to check for updates and it said there was one and started downloading it. 

Android 7.0. Wished it would have been 7.1 but this is probably what was given to them at the time for customization and testing and why it was released. Maybe get 7.1 later this year?

Funny thing is that the Support page fo the S7 hasn't been updated and still says that Android 6.1 or whatever is the current version.

@msg4you

considering google is testing 7.1.2 right now I dont know how that will fall in the update schedule for samsung.  They may wait to do 7.1.2.  Once the s8 is out we will see what it ships with.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.