For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
dbro91's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, May 6th, 2015 3:41 PM

Galaxy s6 poor reception

I upgraded to the s6 the day it came out and for the first two weeks it worked great, I'd even say I had a better signal at my job than I ever have. I could load youtube and browse the Internet anywhere. Since sometime last week (only at work), I'm getting nothing, I can't even send or receive texts. What really has me confuses is it will say I have 2-3 bars and I'll try to send a text and it fails, sometimes immediately, it will just say no signal found can't send. So I go upstairs on my breaks and restart the phone and I regain weak service for a few minutes to send a text out before I lose the signal again. It did this for 2 days and then out of no where I had good signal again for one day, I was back streaming youtube videos quickly, then the next back to no signal and it's been steadily staying like that. This is from the Lordstown, Ohio area, I don't know if it's settings related, a local tower issue, sim card, phone itself? Any input would help, thank you.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Switching enhanced voice helped my quality, however, now i run into an issue where if i am on a call for a duration, say over 10 minutes, the other people on the phone stop hearing me, even though i hear them as clear as day....

Oh, and forget 4G LTE speeds.  My phone shows 4G LTE connection, and when i run speedtest gets 0.5 up and 0.1 down.....

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

Hmm that's weird. Did you call at&t about it?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Help

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I too can not get a signal at home, at work, at the mall, at any store while shopping!!  I never had any trouble with other phones but I've had this phone for only a month and it is terrible for getting a signal. I can't make calls or send text messages while I'm out and about. This frustrating when trying to get ahold of someone or answer a call or text message.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Right!? 

The denial from ATT staff that they have never heard of any problems with signal is infuriating.  

I returned and exchanged my 64gb gold phone after troubleshooting all oher options.  The second is barely any better.  

Its good to note your experiences in this thread on ATT's site so they can't continue to claim a lack of knowledge.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

They had me turn off HD Voice in Settings>more networks>Mobile Networks>Mobile Data>Enhanced 4G LTE mode.   This is a VoiP type connection and it sucks.  Try turning it off. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Settings>more networks>Mobile Networks>Mobile Data>Enhanced 4G LTE mode .  Turn this off and it fixed my really poor connection.  Even calling lan lines was horrible.   Called my utility company and they hung up on me cause they didn't hear me talking. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I got s6 edge+ last week. Bad reception. Changed the phone, in the store. The second phone is even worse.

Initially the store employee told me that there are no new phones in Stock in their store. But he said he found one.

Since the second phone is even worse, is it be possible that, the store gave me a defective phone returned by a prior customer?

He opened the box in front of me. But I am not sure, it's brand new.

But anyway my replaced s6 edge + is even worse.

Folks, any suggestions?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

Hi, it is very possible that the phone that they replaced your first one is defective but i don't think its from a return from someone else. It's disappointing when they don't have the phone in stock. Hopefully when it gets replaced again it will be the one that has no problem. Good luck.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks uhhohitscha. Can I get a replacement phone at a differnet AT&T store, since I dont want to bother those guys second time. Or do I have to get a replacement only at the store I bought the phone? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.