Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
KronosKurve's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 11th, 2015 2:20 PM

Android 5.1.1 update for Galaxy S6 Edge

Hi,

Any word on when the S6 versions will be updated to 5.1.1? I could use the battery improvements to last a work day without being connected to the charger.

thanks,

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

Make sure you have 4gb of free space on the phone. The update will fail if
there is not enough room

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

i have been trying to search for the updates over att network. i have not disabled any apps and i have than 4GB space on my phone. Still no updates 😞

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

9 years ago

And you're not rooted?  You can try a couple other things:

1: Clear app cache on Google Services Freamework
2: Pop your sim out, reboot, pop it back in and reboot again

Other than that you might have to try a factory reset, which I know kinda sucks.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

nope my phone is not rooted. i tried all your steps. i did factory reset too.. still no good news

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

9 years ago

@seagull46 - sorry about that. I'm out of ideas. You could try taking it to an AT&T store and have them update it via their wired methods (if they still do that sort of thing)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@seagull46

just take the phone to a samsung experience center inside a best buy and have them flash it for you.  Thats there job.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I called ATT and they said they hadn't rolled out the update to everyone yet...

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

thanks everyone for your inputs. guess i will wait for couple of days and go and talk to att people.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

now i got a notification for update from ATT. it took almost a week to reach me since they started rolling out 5.1.1 update. it is downloading now. hope everything goes good.. yayy 😄

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

My s6 edge is not updating to 5.1.1 tried numerous times and customer service/technical service really didn't help. Is there a way to manually update? Every time I update it says it was interupted.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.