Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Mike5777's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 8th, 2019 1:21 AM

WiFi calling on prepaid plan

Dose Att prepaid plan have WiFi calling?

Tutor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

Try calling it and see what happens. It may not be an AT&T restriction, it could be a 911 restrictions for not paying fees, having proper routing, etc...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

5 years ago

@yuckyuck wrote:

I'm so dislike AT&T. They lie. Plain and simple. I waited a hour on hold just yesterday talking with a so-called mgr/supervisor. He told me that 911 calling is a no-go on prepaid.

Huh?  What do you mean?  You mean you can’t activate WiFi calling because the 911 address won’t verify?  I’m not sure you’re asking the right question, which may be why the answer doesn’t fit.  

Then he added unless you get bad signal at your house. I told him does one bar at best work for this ? He had no reply. They make it up as they go. Time to leave as not even they can make up reasons to not give it to you but you call them on it and the story changes. 
Why is 911 calling blocked ? I'm going to contact the FCC And see what they say along with the California people in charge.   

Nope your question doesn’t make sense.  Try again.  
wifi calling is available on At&t branded phones, iPhones 6 or newer and pixel 3/ 3 xl.

If you have a non At&t android, you can’t enable WiFi calling. 

Tutor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

Also why would they block 911 calling if they are asking you for a 911 address?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I have a iPhone 8 Plus unlocked.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

It works fine on other carriers or: T-Mobile, Verizon.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Ask Them. I get so many different lies from them. They can’t remember which
lie they told me in the past.

Last one they gave was the one bar signal. I took a screenshot of the one
bar. Then they make up more lies.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

5 years ago

@yuckyuck wrote:
I have a iPhone 8 Plus unlocked.

That phone can enable WiFi calling on At&t prepaid.    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203032
Your post is still confusing.  Follow directions to enable WiFi calling. ⤴️

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

What's so confusing ? Sounds like you are confused. AT&T Told me WIFI Calling is not allowed on prepaid. I've moved on to another carrier.

Can't make or get calls at my house when I have 1 bar or less of signal. So I went ahead and signed with Verizon Prepaid. They don't have any of the you can't use WiFi Calling or VOLTE Time to get with the times AT&T..

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

5 years ago

@yuckyuck wrote:

What's so confusing ? Sounds like you are confused. AT&T Told me WIFI Calling is not allowed on prepaid.

Not true.  They told you wrong.  

I've moved on to another carrier.

Can't make or get calls at my house when I have 1 bar or less of signal. So I went ahead and signed with Verizon Prepaid. They don't have any of the you can't use WiFi Calling or VOLTE Time to get with the times AT&T..

To be rather blunt, this is the first remotely clear post you wrote.  You’ve been posting stuff about 911, not WiFi calling.    

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I can confirm that the moment I upgraded to the 75 unlimited plan, WiFi calling stopped working and I get an error message that it’s not supported. I’ve heard it’s not supported anymore, maybe just on iPhones, I don’t know. But after several conversations with AT&T, not one rep told me this. Obviously I wasted my money upgrading. I’m going into a store tomorrow to switch to a post paid account IF it’s supported. If not, there is no way I can use AT&T because I live in a basement apartment with no signal.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.