Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Troubleshoot your device issues
mletourneau's profile

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

Thursday, January 29th, 2009 6:34 PM

Closed

Warranty Department

Lets begin 11-08 I wanted to upgrade my daughter phone and she wanted the Matrix. Well long story short she had 3 Matrix's in less than 2 weeks before I had her consider paying the difference for another phone. On 12-10-08 she purchased a Quickfire from our core store in Flint Michigan.  Everything seemed to be fine until 2 weeks ago. The Quickfire wouldn't hold a charge and kept turning off. One 1-26-09 I took the Quickfire back to my core store. I was told it was not the charger or the battery, the phone was defective and I need to contact the warranty department. I went home and called the warranty department first they tried to get me to go thru the phone insurance and pay a $50 deductible I reminded them that the phone was still under the manufactures warranty. The said they would send a replacement phone out mind you they didn't have the same color phone my daughter had. All we wanted was a phone that worked especially since we have been thru 4 phones in 3 months. Today 1-29-09 I opened the replacement Quickfire and to our surprise it also didn't work. After being on the phone for an hour or so with one of the nicest tech support agent yet who tried to do everything she could to get us a new phone make and model but was turned down by her management we once again are being sent another Quickfire. I totally understand that we have to go thru 3 replacement phones before we can get a new phone (make & model) but its insane that we have been thru 5 phones in 3 months. I have been with At &t and or Cingular since my daughter was in 8th grade and she is now a freshman in college. I understand all the steps we all have to go thru but sometimes when someone has done everything and has been very inconvenienced things need to be done differently.  We will try the 3rd Quickfire in one month (we doubt it will be any better being refurbished and all) and than maybe then the warranty department will let us get another phone. Its not like were asking for a blackberry we wanted the Propel which is a cheaper phone than the Quickfire, but were told no because we have to go thru 3 Quickfires first. Honestly I think the warranty department needs to look at each case individually and not waste peoples time.

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

15 years ago

While it would be nice if they looked at each case individually, I think having set rules and guidelines when dealing with customers probably saves them time and money.

I had the Pantech Duo and they also made me go through 3 phones [each one worse than the last] until I was able to get a new phone.. unfortunately, I didn't like any of the options they offered and they refused to give me the Quickfire even though it was cheaper, not a smart phone, etc. I called on three separate occasions to inquire about this.. so hopefully when they give you the options of which phone are available replacements, the one you want is on it.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

15 years ago

That really sucks but maybe it was a good thing you didnt get the Quickfire since they dont seem to be worth all the hype.

By 3pm today we should have our 3rd Quickfire I cant wait to see how this phone works, if it works at all.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

15 years ago

I actually ended up letting my mom choose a phone from the replacement list and then I bought the Quickfire. I haven't had any issues with mine, so I guess maybe I just got lucky?

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

15 years ago

Well it has been 24 hours with the third (refurbished) Quickfire and so far it seems to be ok. I have no faith it will hold up fpr more than a few weeks ,but we will just have to wait and see.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

15 years ago

Well I spoke too soon. I had the Quickfire on the home charger all night and a few hours (2) after I woke up the battery is dieing.  The phone will only vibrate on calls not text messages. I am loosing faith in At & T rapidly. I will give it till Monday and see what else goes wrong before I call At & T for the 7th time.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

15 years ago

@mletourneau wrote:

Well I spoke too soon. I had the Quickfire on the home charger all night and a few hours (2) after I woke up the battery is dieing.  The phone will only vibrate on calls not text messages. I am loosing faith in At & T rapidly. I will give it till Monday and see what else goes wrong before I call At & T for the 7th time.

I'm told that it is more the problem of the manufacterer than the phone company. My guess is that companies don't thoroughly test the device before sending it out to the wireless companies.

I just don't want you to move wireless companies and find the same struggle there.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

15 years ago

You know I understand its the maker of the phone (Quickfire) not At&T, but as a loyal customer of At&T than Cingular and now At& T once again I expect them to make this right. My Quickfire wont stay charged more than 3 hours. This is my 5th phone in 3 months. I didn't even mention that I upgraded my other kids phone a few months ago and was in my core store almost every other day for two weeks with phone issues. I have 5 phones with At& T and my bills are over $300 a month I have never not paid my bill or had my service interrupted. ALL I want is a phone that's going to work.

I will be calling At&T on Monday and I am sure they are going to offer me some phone that I am totally not interested in or my 4th Quickfire. Or worse case I will have to use my upgrade and pay out of pocket for another phone for my daughter.The last thing I want to do is leave At&t but I am sick and tired of cheap phones and my daughter is 19 so she can go and sign up with another company and I wont have to deal with all this mess.

Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

15 years ago

@mletourneau wrote:

Well I spoke too soon. I had the Quickfire on the home charger all night and a few hours (2) after I woke up the battery is dieing.  The phone will only vibrate on calls not text messages. I am losing faith in At & T rapidly. I will give it till Monday and see what else goes wrong before I call At & T for the 7th time.

If you have gone through 3 Quickfire phones, and the same thing is happening, I would tend to think that the defect lies in either the charger or the battery and not the phone.  Its' too coincidental to have 3 replacement phones all doing the same exact thing within a short period of time.  Store reps are not phone technicians, they are sales representatives.  It's just their "opinion" that the phone is bad...  Not a proper diagnosis..

I would go back to the store, tell them you have gone through 3 replacement Quickfires and that you are having the same problems, and have them swap out the battery AND the charger.....

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

15 years ago

@Athena wrote:

@mletourneau wrote:

Well I spoke too soon. I had the Quickfire on the home charger all night and a few hours (2) after I woke up the battery is dieing.  The phone will only vibrate on calls not text messages. I am losing faith in At & T rapidly. I will give it till Monday and see what else goes wrong before I call At & T for the 7th time.

If you have gone through 3 Quickfire phones, and the same thing is happening, I would tend to think that the defect lies in either the charger or the battery and not the phone.  Its' too coincidental to have 3 replacement phones all doing the same exact thing within a short period of time.  Store reps are not phone technicians, they are sales representatives.  It's just their "opinion" that the phone is bad...  Not a proper diagnosis..

I would go back to the store, tell them you have gone through 3 replacement Quickfires and that you are having the same problems, and have them swap out the battery AND the charger.....

Athena, that's an awesome idea!

But, if this doesnt do the trick..... Could it just be a bad batch of phones. and each time the phone is replaced it is replaced with a device from the same shipment? I'm surprissed they did'nt offer to switch the battery and the charger already..  I wish each store had a device support center.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

15 years ago

Athena when I was sent the replacement Quickfires I was also sent new chargers and battery. When I went into my core store the reps also tried new batteries and chargers. I honestly believe that the Quickfire is just not a good phone to begin with. I am really hoping that tomorrow At&T lets me swap out the Quickfire for a phone of equal value and that my daughter will be happy with. I can't go thru this much longer.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.