For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
Kivik60's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, October 26th, 2019 5:40 PM

Vehicle wifi not connecting to internet

I activated my trial subscription for a data plan for my new car. The wifi is enabled and I was able to connect my phone to my car's hotspot. But after connecting, I'm unable to access internet sites. Do I need to do something else to enable the internet access?

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

My ram and jeep are having issues also, it says connected and the screen shows att wifi.  When we connect anything it says connected but no internet available.

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Dodge Durango connects to wifi but no internet. used to work with no isuues

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

Go to the dealer. 

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Not a car problem. Connects to the wifi but with no internet. AT&T issue

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

What year Durango? My 2018 challenger connect was 3g when it was shut down in my area it quit working 

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

2018 with 4G connection. Probably stopped 14 days ago.  Android auto seems to have stopped working at the same time. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

2 years ago

I couldn't find out any information specifically for the Dodge Durango, but on Ford owner message boards, they note that Ford limited the online service agreements for some 2018 models to 3 years, and 1 year for 2020 models when they had been 5 years before that.  And the obvious reason was is that they were still installing HSPA modems.  Remember that AT&T referred to HSPA+ as 4G when they introduced it, and HSPA+ is going away with their 3G HSPA, so a "4G modem" may will be obsolete with the 3G phase out.

Only Dodge can answer what they put in their vehicles.  Make them tell you specifically what modem module is in yours

(edited)

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I was able to get the WiFi issue corrected today.  We have 4G.  Talked to AT&T and Dodge Uconnect customer service and it was determined that there is a Uconnect update that does not show on the public facing web site.  You must go to the dealer to get this installed.  It took around 35 minutes to update.  I have a 2018 Dodge Durango R/T.  Here is the update I needed:

UCONNECT_UAQ_8.4_QR39.5_MP,KL,BV,BU,WK,WD,LA,LD,LX-MY18-20

I now have WiFi and the Android Auto is functioning again.

Good luck and happy holidays!

Phil (Edited per community guidelines)

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

2 years ago

Some cars, like Suburu for example, require the Nav/Entertainment System to be upgraded because of the 3G shutdown by the providers. At least this is what Suburu told me. Suburu sent me a notice at the beginning of the summer that I needed to have it done.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hi!  I have a Chrysler Pacifica 2019 that has worked fine for over a year with the WiFi.  Switched from M2M plan to yearly plan and now it still connects but get an error that no internet connection.  What do we need to do to fix?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.