For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
W

• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 20th, 2021 2:25 PM

Microsoft Lumia 950 Service Shut off

I have been receiving messages from ATT that the Lumia 950 would be shut off with the 3G discontinuance. I called Technical Support and stopped in local store(s) and attempts were made to prevent the suspension of service. Noone seemed to understand and or be able to help. The Lumia 950 is a 4G LTE phone and on the list of phones that should work, per ATT.  I did not purchase the phone from ATT. The phone was purchased direct from Microsoft and the unlocked phone was brought to ATT for service, service that was running great for the past 5+ years. 

Can anyone make any recommendation on how I can have service restored to this phone ?

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I held out as long as I could. :( I'll try Android.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Funny how I have an AT&T branded Windows Lumia 950 and one that isn't, and they both work just fine.

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

ahhittlejr- did you get texts on your non-ATT branded Windows phone in January that it would stop working in February 2022? I would get many texts and also calls would be re-routed to customer support before I could make a call. Have Android now and missing Windows Phone.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

2 years ago

@ahhittlejr

All that means is 3g isn't off in your area yet.   Notices are going out with April dates.   

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

@mikeywindows I never got any such notifications whatsoever. No calls, no text messages. Of course, my non AT&T branded Lumia 950 is never used. But since I know someone has recently experienced an inability to make voice calls on her Lumia 950 (don't know if it's branded or not), I took my SIM card from my branded phone and inserted into my unbranded phone and my unbranded phone worked perfectly. Voice calls and all.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

@mikeywindows I did quite a bit of testing on an unbranded Lumia 950 the past few days, and it seems to make and receive voice calls just fine as long as the SIM is using the default Internet APN. However, the draw back to that is that the data won't turn on. So i guess you have to decide which is more important... data or voice calls.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 years ago

Its using the 3G towers for voice that are still on in your area.  Once they shut off then you will no longer have voice.

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

GLIMMERMAN76, Lumia 950 is a 4G phone. Anyway, I personally, have switched to Android 5G phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 years ago

The ATT lumia 950 does get VoLTE the unlocked version does not hence why its using the 3G towers for voice which is what is being shut off.

I know its a LTE phone  4G on ATT is really 3.5G fyi.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

2 years ago

I would be awesome if they just allowed non-VoLTE phones on tablet plans.  No voice plan, all the same tablet limits

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.