Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
W

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Dec 20, 2021 2:25 PM

Microsoft Lumia 950 Service Shut off

I have been receiving messages from ATT that the Lumia 950 would be shut off with the 3G discontinuance. I called Technical Support and stopped in local store(s) and attempts were made to prevent the suspension of service. Noone seemed to understand and or be able to help. The Lumia 950 is a 4G LTE phone and on the list of phones that should work, per ATT.  I did not purchase the phone from ATT. The phone was purchased direct from Microsoft and the unlocked phone was brought to ATT for service, service that was running great for the past 5+ years. 

Can anyone make any recommendation on how I can have service restored to this phone ?

• 

3 Messages

4分前

@mikeywindows I did quite a bit of testing on an unbranded Lumia 950 the past few days, and it seems to make and receive voice calls just fine as long as the SIM is using the default Internet APN. However, the draw back to that is that the data won't turn on. So i guess you have to decide which is more important... data or voice calls.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

4分前

Its using the 3G towers for voice that are still on in your area.  Once they shut off then you will no longer have voice.

• 

7 Messages

4分前

GLIMMERMAN76, Lumia 950 is a 4G phone. Anyway, I personally, have switched to Android 5G phone.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

4分前

The ATT lumia 950 does get VoLTE the unlocked version does not hence why its using the 3G towers for voice which is what is being shut off.

I know its a LTE phone  4G on ATT is really 3.5G fyi.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.7K Messages

4分前

I would be awesome if they just allowed non-VoLTE phones on tablet plans.  No voice plan, all the same tablet limits

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.