For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
m2FromReno's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Friday, October 14th, 2016 10:51 PM

messages arriving on Chinese characters

Long messages from friends and family are arriving at my phone in Chinese characters. Short msgs from the same people are ok. All phone settings are in English. Any ideas?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I went to the At&T store and they told me to do the software update. (I had avoided it after hearing others complain about it.) Well, I did the software update but the problem hasn't been solved. Apparently I was the 4th person to come into the store that day with this problem. Guess I will try the suggestion about removing the emoticons. Thank you for the advice!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

When I send texts from my Samsung s5, some recipients receive my texts in these strange Chinese looking characters. I never use emoticons. I have installed AVG and locked down my apps. That is not working.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I am having the same problem and I don't use emoticons ever. I installed AVG and locked down my apps. I am still having the problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have the same issue. Sending from iphone to samsung twice today and they are both receiving chinese symbols. I have not used any emojis. What is the issue?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

This is happening to me also and can't seem to find a fix. It started on Oct 13th for me. It does not happen on short texts, only on somewhat longer ones. For me it has nothing to do with emoji's.

help

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

In two occasions my text were received in Chinese, not English or Spanish. What's happening?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Same issue for me. Received 4 messages from a friend tonight with an iphone (I have Samsung Galaxy 5) that were completely in what look to me like Chinese characters. Tried to translate them with no luck. Original messages did not contain any emoticons. My network is ATT. We finally had to scrap texting and communicate via voice-to-voice duplex communication. Here's one of the messages: 䁎䁯䁶䀮䀠䀱䁳䁴䀠䁩䁳䀠䁧䁲䁥䁡䁴䀡䀠䁉䀠䁬䁯䁯䁫䀠䁦䁯䁲䁷䁡䁲䁤䀠䁴䁯䀠䁩䁴䀮䀠䁉䀠䁭䁡䁹䀠䁧䁯䀠䁡䁨䁥䁡䁤䀠䁡䁮䁤䀠䁳䁥䁮䁤䀠䁹₉䁡䁬䁬䀠䁡䁮䀠䁥䁭䁡䁩䁬䀠䁡䁢䁯䁵䁴䀠䁴䁨䁥䀠䁳䁰䁲䁩䁮䁧䀠䁢䁲䁥䁡䁫䀠䁨䁯䁵䁳䁥䀠䁪䁵䁳䁴䀠䁴䁯䀠䁧䁥䁴䀠䁴䁨䁥䀠䁢䁡䁬䁬䀠䁲䁯䁬䁬䁩䁮䁧䀠䁯䁮䀠䁴䁨䁡䁴䀠䁱䁵䁥䁳䁴䁩䁯䁮䀮䀠䁔䁨䁡䁴䀠䁷䁡䁹䀠䁷䁥䀠䁣䁡䁮䀠䁪䁵䁳䁴䀠䁣䁡䁴䁣䁨䀠䁵䁰䀠䁡䁴䀠䁤䁩䁮䁮䁥䁲䀮

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

For me as well--only happens when a a particular iphone friend sends me longer texts (with no emojis). Short ones (even with emojis) come through okay. Just started today.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I still have no answers

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Thought I'd just chime in. Using a Nexus 6P on At&t and receiving the weird Chinese messages from a specific friend that has an At&t iPhone on iOS 10. Always happens when he texts with emojis. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.