For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
BamaGolfNut's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 12:46 AM

Internet Device for RV

I have purchased a RV / Travel Trailer and plan to leave in the next couple weeks traveling throughout the Midwest and Southwest. I know AT&T offers a Velocity, Unite Pro and Unite device to create secure internet access while traveling and camping. What are the differences in these three devices?  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi all, I have a few questions. I am old so please bear with me. I have a monthly straight talk of $50 for my zte Android. Than for my tv I have a dish satellite on my RV for $145 a month. I also have a att hot spot of 8g we use for our banking for $50 a month. We live in our RV and travel here and there.  Can you tell me what is best for us to use for tv and internet that would be less in cost. Help is welcome. Thanks Sherry

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

WELL I CAN TELL YOU I HOPE IT WORKS BETTER THAN THER HOTSPOT ITS TOTALY USELESS.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@SherryRussell wrote:

Hi all, I have a few questions. I am old so please bear with me. I have a monthly straight talk of $50 for my zte Android. Than for my tv I have a dish satellite on my RV for $145 a month. I also have a att hot spot of 8g we use for our banking for $50 a month. We live in our RV and travel here and there.  Can you tell me what is best for us to use for tv and internet that would be less in cost. Help is welcome. Thanks

Hi Sherry,

Since you're paying $100 for the two combined, you might be better off going a different route.

You can get AT&T Unlimited &More Premium for $80 for the line (before taxes/fees) and you'll have unlimited on the line and 15GB of hotspot, so for $10 or more savings (estimating taxes/fee added to the phone) you'd have 15GB of hotspot (per line) instead of 8GB. See https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html

AT&T unlimited and more also comes with one of HBO/Starz/Showtime/Cinemax plus AT&T WatchTV that includes some on-line streaming channels (A&E, AMC, ANIMAL PLANET, AUDIENCE, BBC AMERICA, BBC WORLD NEWS, BOOMERANG, CARTOON NETWORK, CNN, DISCOVERY, FOOD NETWORK, FYI, HALLMARK, HALLMARK M&M, HGTV, HELLO LABS, HISTORY, HLN, IFC, INVES DISC, LIFETIME, LIFETIME MOVIES, MOTOR TREND, OWN, SUNDANCE, TAYLOR SWIFT NOW, TBS, TCM, TLC, TNT, TRUTV, VICELAND, WeTV)  and for watching on your phone (yes, not as exciting as on a TV) or a cellular tablet ($20 extra).

This does NOT solve your TV issues (the question) as I think you might want to watch on a bigger screen, but I thought I'd put it out specifically there as a cost savings for your current cellular issues.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@SherryRussell wrote:

We live in our RV and travel here and there.  Can you tell me what is best for us to use for tv and internet that would be less in cost. Help is welcome. Thanks Sherry

More specifically to your question:

AT&T had some Unlimited Connected Car accounts ($20 a month), but I think they require a Mobley for those (or maybe some vehicles with built-in wifi) and you could stream to that device. I've heard recently if you can find those devices you can get them activated (but I'm not certain that's still true as I haven't heard them mentioned lately, but that might just be because of the lack of Mobley's available).

You might want to check some non-AT&T RV Forums for some other tips.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

We travel full time in our RV.  We have unlimited plan for our phones through AT&T.

I am interested in wifi. I only want 2 phones, watch Netflix on my smart tv and to be able to use my Alexa.  What would work best for me.

Thanks for your help!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.