For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
Gunite's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Sunday, September 11th, 2016 5:39 PM

HP Elite x3

As I realize Windows Phone is last in the promotions department from ATT but does anyone know if they're talking about carrying the HP Elite x3? I'm on the fence about getting that or holding out for the rumoured Surface Phone from Microsoft in 2017.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The HP Elite x3 is a laptop in the palm of your hand, and YES it works great on AT&T. I have the Lumia 950 currently on that "v" network which refused to activate the HP Elite x3. Their loss. I can use a keyboard with a mouse, the screen converts to a mouse/touchpad when "continued" with my smart TV, this feature is so cool I can't even begin to describe it. SO I can now respond to text's, emails. (Office 365 with Outlook) update Excel Spreadsheets, share calendars,  Word, Sway's you know actual productive work stuff. Yes! it also does the pic's of the dog to share on Facebook, Twitter, blah blah.  2 screens with continuum, read a PDF, and enter an email, it is wonderful. Thank You, AT&T for not even knowing how awesome this 2 sim (2 lines) phone is on your network. Your rep was blown away by the HP Elite x3  and how low key HP & Microsoft have slipped this game changer onto the market. Sure the Lumia was nice BUT not even comparable to the HP Elite x3. The thing paid for itself within the first day. And that piece of fruit with a bite out of it; is rotten on the counter. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

@Yhtomit62   You do know it's a GSM only device right?  It can't work on Verizon.  Without carrier support, no phones are going to be produced with CDMA for Verizon or Sprint.   This jeans Blackberry and windows will be relegated to GSM carriers like ATT, T-Mobile, etc.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

7 years ago

@Yhtomit62 You've lost me... the Lumia 950 does all that too. In fact, the Lumia 950 and 950 XL were the first devices to support Continuum. It's one of the reasons Microsoft produced the 950's. You need a display dock with the 950, which they gave away for free as a Lumia offer. The HP Elite X3 is a very nice device and if you were buying a new device today comparing between it and a 950, no buying new you'd compare to the 950 XL...there are tough choices to be made to decide between the two. Since I like taking pictures, the Lumia 950 XL would win out hands down.

I guess my point here, the 950 has continuum support. How did you miss that?

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

7 years ago

@Yhtomit62 A Verizon certified Elite X3 is in the works.  Only a matter of time.  Look up the recent FCC IDs if you want to take a look.  It is also in the updated the Quick Specs sheet from HP.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

For those of you so sold on the Lumina 950, I have had 10 in the last 2 years. First thought there was a flaw in the hardware, only to figure out the battery is the problem. Neither here nor there, now that the whole line has been discontinued. Nokia had this problem several years ago and Microsoft bought the defective battery problem. I was hoping they would bring on the HTC One M9. My HTC One was the best til I broke the screen. I am now looking at the HP Elite after I finish paying for the 950.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

7 years ago

@rodbell67 What kind of problem were you having with the 950? Just curious how the battery fixed it. I'm happy with my 950 XL, but I've been bidding on HP Elite X3 They're going for slightly higher than I'd like to pay for one in great condition.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.