For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
jpdcubsfan's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Thursday, February 26th, 2015 1:32 AM

BlackBerry 10.3.1 software update

When is the new BB10.3.1 update going to be available for all BB10 devices on AT&T?

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

9 years ago

Just curious, but were your phones purchased factory unlocked from either shop blackberry or Amazon?

I only ask because AT&T never sold the Z30 themselves.  There certainly aren't any AT&T branded Z30s.

In that case, your updates come straight from BlackBerry.  It just took a while for you to get picked up in the system.

Mentor

• 

73 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, I purchased these from ShopBlackBerry (the GSM version.) BlackBerry "normally" pushes out the update to our Z30's (which is why I have to take the SIM out to get it.) The update will say it is from BlackBerry or Verizon (Verizon offered the Z30.)

This update said it was from AT&T which is different... so hopefully that is good news to AT&T users waiting for 10.3.1 

Mentor

• 

73 Messages

9 years ago

Just to clarify - Verizon didn't update my BlackBerry - that is just what it "said' - it was still pushed out from BlackBerry (Z30's were initialled offered only on Verizon.) My updates, up until last night, have been pushed out from BlackBerry and I received them by taking out the SIM.

Last Night I just sat here and an update showed up that said AT&T...

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

I spoke too soon, my carrier locked Q10 is still stuck with 10.2.1 According to my latest attempt to update OTA. It's only been a month since BlackBerry released the update, AT+T still has their usual 6-12 months of testing left!

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

I don't intend to wait that long, good bye to ATT for me ASAP!!!

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

9 years ago

And, where would you go? 

T-Mobile and Verizon are no better.  None of them are providing 10.3.1 either.

There are other ways to update the OS without AT&T. 

I'm now running 10.3.1.2708 (SR 10.3.1.1865).

I'm tempted to load up the leaked beta,10.3.2.281.  But, then I'd rather just hold off until it gets to a build number without the PIN watermarks.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

Well it's another month gone since BlackBerry have put out the new 10.3.1 is, but AT&T still has not given it to their BlackBerry users, the OS is now up to 10.3.2.500, and we are still on 10.2. Anybody hear when and if AT&T intends to give their BlackBerry users a new and current update?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

I'm doubtful that we will ever see a 10.3.1 due to the numerous bugs reported in forums on BlackBerry and Crackberry. Although I have an unlocked Z10 running the latest 10.3.1 update with no problems at all, I can see AT&T waiting for 10.3.2. Just last week I checked with Customer Service who gave me the standard "it's in rigorous testing...need to make sure it works on our network.. blah blah blah", but what else would you expect from a subsidiary of Apple.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

They definitely know well how to give it's customers the run around and never true full to them either. It was their own CEO that stated he would not ever try to after and get back any customers that switch to another carrier.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

I had to replace my Z10 that had a cracked screen. I picked up an unlocked Q5 from Amazon for $135. It immediately updated to 10.3.1 with no problems at all. Seriously considering replacing my Q10 that is AT+T locked into 10.2.1 with another unlocked Q5.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.