For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
J

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 13th, 2020 10:56 PM

Closed

AT&T Lost my trade-ins

I cannot get anyone to assist me with the resolution to this problem I have spoken with customer service, the trade-in department. Neither of these folks (who are very pleasant) can help me. I returned four i-phones upon receipt of my new phones from ATT. I switched from Sprint to save money. However, my bills are twice what they were because ATT cannot locate my trade-ins. They are asking for the tracking number. I returned the phones in the packaging provided. There was no receipt. I see now that I am not alone. Seems this happens to many. What recourse do I have? I agreed to a 30 month contract to get new phones and less expensive service. Now I am getting creamed with bills twice what I had at Sprint.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I returned my trade in to the store as I was told to do. Now I am being charged for the trade in. I called att and told them I had a receipt and gave them the invoice number and was told there is nothing in the system and all the could do is have me file a claim. I have been transferred from one rep to another and not getting any help.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

SAME thing here. My trade in 3 iphones (iphone11/XR/8+) are nowhere to be found. And is so silly they ask for a tracking number if they use the same box and even give you the label!!!! I waste a tons of hours to speak with ATT representative and local store manager. No one can help. In addition, speak representative argued with me in an impolite manner.  

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

AT&T Lost My Trade In!!

I sent my wife and my son to the AT&T store on this past Black Friday 2021.  They had a trade in offer going for Samsung to trade in any phone for a new Samsung. My wife went to the the corporate store here in town and my son went to the corporate store in Iowa near his school.  Two months later I'm looking at my bill and I notice that I'm getting hit with installment fees and insurance fees for these two new phones.  I called them up and they said it was error they would open a ticket to get it corrected and credited me.  Next month same thing happened...called them up they claimed they opened a ticket I got credited again.  Next month again same thing again.  Now I'm getting irritated. I ask for a manager. They look into it further and claim that they never got a phone for my wife and phone they got from my son was inoperable.  If that was the case, how did he transfer all of his data at the store to his new phone??? They had no answer.  After this went to the store in town by me for more answers.  All they did was call someone in customer service and hand me the phone and basically do the same thing I went through.  She claimed she was opening a ticket.  After a week of no reply I went back to the store and spoke to the store manager.  He claimed that was going to reach out and dig into this further and would call me within a week.  It's now over two weeks of no contact.  I've tried calling him twice and return phone call from him.  This has got to be the most horrible service in the 25+ years I've every experienced from this company.  For five months I have been dealing with this issue.  I'm so done with you!! I want out!! But you won't let me because I owe you money for phones that I shouldn't have to pay for.  Shame on you!!!!

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

@bkapka no need to double post on a 2 year old dead topic. you can cancel the insurance by logging into your account, they certainly wont refund anything you paid into insurance after this amount of time. im guessing that store is an authorized 3rd party retailer that is independently owned and not at&t employees. at this point your best bet is to file a bbb complaint but it will be up to you to prove your sons phone met all qualifications. also the bring any samsung any condition program was announced a couple months ago not last year.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

AT&T lost 5 phones of mine worth around $3500.  Apparently the labels that were issued to me sent the phones to a warranty warehouse in TX instead of the trade-in warehouse in NC from what I was told. About 6 phone calls and hours spent on the phone, the "cases" that were created for the problem led nowhere.  I gave them tracking info, screenshot of delivery confirmation, IMEI numbers and each time delivery was confirmed by the rep until 2 months in when the tracking info became old and was no longer in their system.  Eventually, they were able to track some of the phones at the warehouse using IMEI numbers, but the cases that were created were still cancelled with no explanation.  Upon reading the earlier posts, I filed a complaint to the BBB (Texas Headquarters) about the AT&T, and was contacted via phone within a day by someone from the office of the President.  I gave her the information I had and she said she would forward it to the promotion department. I asked for a written summary of what we had discussed and by the next day received an update from her saying that my credits had been approved and would be reflected in a couple days.  For good measure, she gave me a little more credit for 2 of the older phones than what I remember them being valued at which I appreciated.   I checked my account and saw the credits applied as she promised.  So my advice is to go through the BBB and you should get your case heard.

Observer

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

The greater affected community should get together to hire a law firm to file on our behalf a class law suite against AT&T.

I have the same exact problem. They lost 1 out of 6 phones. All 6 delivered with tracking confirmation. AT&T support were not helpful and just kept me in infinite loop without any resolution. I filed a claim to BBB. If no resolution I will file in court. I will not pay the AT&T bills after I leave them. I will sell all of my AT&T stocks. 

I traded in 6 phones each worth $800. I have 6 shipping tracking numbers via ups. All 6 delivered at the same day and time to LAVERGNE, TN. AT&T only located 5 and lost one at their premises. They are not applying any credit to my accounts. 6 trade-in phones Invoice / confirmation numbers:
3 phones associated with [email scrubbed] account #295858090
Invoice /confirmation numbers:30052022008490 with IMEI:(Edited as per community guidelines) (no credit applied)
Invoice / confirmationnumbers:30052022008433 with IMEI: (Edited as per community guidelines) (no credit applied)
Invoice / confirmation numbers:30052022008437with IMEI: (Edited as per community guidelines)(the lost/problem one and no credit applied)
3 phones associated with (Edited as per community guidelines)

Invoice / confirmation numbers:(Edited as per community guidelines)
Invoice /confirmation numbers:(Edited as per community guidelines)
Invoice / confirmationnumbers:(Edited as per community guidelines)
all total 6 trade-ins were shipped via ups using these 6 tracking numbers:
1z5569w91219857108; 1z5569w91234469419
1z5569w91221005345; 1z5569w91226533202
1z5569w91239222050; 1z5569w91224908258 

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

🤦‍♂️

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Just spent an hour on the phone with the AT&T trade-in department and got nowhere.  They said they received my return outside of the 30-day window which is an absolute lie.  I told them even if that was the case, they had NO right to keep my phone and resell it and make even more profit.  They said too bad because I didn't have proof of mailing.  I asked why would I have proof of mailing when I used the packaging they sent and dropped it off at the post office but didn't stand in line to get a receipt.  They said too bad.  

I called the AT&T regular service number and they gave me $350 of the $700 promotional credit I should have received.  What a joke.  I'll be switching carriers now.  I have been with  AT&T for at least 15 years.  

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Just spent an hour on the phone with the AT&T trade-in department and got nowhere.  They said they received my return outside of the 30-day window which is an absolute lie.  I told them even if that was the case, they had NO right to keep my phone and resell it and make even more profit.  They said too bad because I didn't have proof of mailing.  I asked why would I have proof of mailing when I used the packaging they sent and dropped it off at the post office but didn't stand in line to get a receipt.  They said too bad.  

I called the AT&T regular service number and they gave me $350 of the $700 promotional credit I should have received.  What a joke.  I'll be switching carriers now.  I have been with  AT&T for at least 15 years.  

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

What number did you call and get credit? How did you persuade them!?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.