For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
jbean618's profile

• 

10 Messages

Sunday, May 15th, 2022 2:37 AM

2021 Buick Enclave no wifi

I had the data plan when I first bought my 2021 Buick Enclave and it worked fine.  Then the past 5 months I have no wifi.  I called OnStar and they said that it was canceled in January (but it shouldn't have been), so they reconnected it on May 11, 2022.  It does not work.  My phone finds my car's network but it is not in my car.  When I try adding it, I get a message that it cannot connect.  I have spoken to several people at OnStar and they were pretty much useless.  I did the few things they all kept telling me to do over and over and nothing worked.  I am paying for a service that I am not receiving and nobody can help me.  This is ridiculous.

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Yep but Onstar can’t fix it🤬

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 years ago

My guess then that it's on the Buick/GMC side of things. On my Suburu, they had to replace the entire entertainment console as it is one integrated unit. That's why it took most of a day to replace/test. Of course this was last year, long before the 3G/4G shutdown.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 years ago

@Perq  Life is all about marketing in one form or another. What AT&T does is not unique to AT&T. All providers and companies do it all of the time with their products.

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

I’m not sure what that has to do with my problem

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 years ago

OnStar relies on CDMA mobile to communicate with your car, which is cellular. AT&T's 4G network, prior to Feb. 2022, was actually 3G as I mentioned above. GSM and CDMA are part of the 3G spectrum. If OnStar is now using true LTE because most providers have, or will be dropping 3G very soon, then your Buick's Nav system needs to be upgraded to work.

Can you use any of the OnStar features at all? OnStar features work fine in the Suburu but I use BT to connect my iPhone to the car's NavSystem for any number of things. My car always connects to my home WiFi system when it gets within range.

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Everything works except for WiFi.  Thank you for taking the time to explain all that to me

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

OnStar relies on CDMA mobile to communicate with your car

@OttoPylot I don’t know if that’s true or not but the specifications I found for a 2021 Enclave says the mobile internet is 4G LTE, not CDMA. Besides that, ATT’s connected car is definitely not CDMA. 

@jbean618 When you say only WiFi doesn’t work, do you mean devices can’t connect to the vehicle WiFi or do you mean they can connect, they just don’t get internet?

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

They won’t connect. My phone finds the network in my car but the car doesn’t have the network. When I try adding the network it cannot be found

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

If there’s a way to post pictures I can show you what I’m talking about

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 years ago

@sandblaster  The info I found for OnStar says it uses the CDMA network but maybe that info was old.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.